Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify Charges

Miff135
2: Seeker

Has anyone else been charged twice for Spotify - when i signed up with Vodafone and they offered me the Spotify deal i stated i already had a Spotify account and they stated that it would be "sorted" and i didnt have to do anything - ive been charged twice through my bank for my original Spotify account and by Vodafone and want a refund, they did not say  i would have to canel anything - any advice??

4 REPLIES 4

Miff135

Has anyone else been charged twice for Spotify - when i signed up with Vodafone and they offered me the Spotify deal i stated i already had a Spotify account and they stated that it would be "sorted" and i didnt have to do anything - ive been charged twice through my bank for my original Spotify account and by Vodafone and want a refund, they did not say i would have to canel anything - any advice??

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Miff135 

Vodafone should have pointed you in the direction of this link from support or given you correct advise How do I include Spotify Premium as part of my plan if I’m a Spotify Premium customer already?

At least then you would have been aware that your previous subscription would have needed to be cancelled before opting into the subscription that comes with your entertainment plan.

Follow this link: Vodafone Complaints

I have the same problem.  i've been paying for spotify for a few years without realising, all the time thinking that vodaphone have been paying.  When I check on my spotify account it states that i'm linked to vodaphone.  No mention of itunes, so I assume that I'm not paying for spotify.  I decide to look through my Itunes account and realise i'm also being charged.   I contact spotify and they say that it's not their fault. 

I can't understand how they can allow two payments for the exact same product.  The payments are going to the same account.   They say it's through a third party (Itunes) and so have no control over it.   That seems nonsense.  It seems like a bit of a scam, they willingly take dual payments without alerting anyone or rejecting the payment. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @planetofsound, thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like your Spotify that you're getting with your Vodafone Entertainment pass is working correctly and you're being charged for an account through iTunes, is that correct?

So we can take a closer look into this for you, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker.