Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify Premium

cri5tiano
2: Seeker

I have just upgraded the iphone to the 6s plus.  I had Spotify Premium with the previous plan (offered by Vodafone last year for 12 months). 12 months have gone so my Spotify account went back to the basic one.  Now i have a new contract with Vodafone. How do i get back being a Spotify premium customer. I tried to text 97613 but all i get is a link when they asking me to pay £ 9.99 a month to get SPotify Premium.  My Vodafone plan offers me 12 months for FREE.  What to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Maybe contact customer service on 191 or from a computer use Live Chat. Only they have account access and can check / clarify your options. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

I'm having exactly the same problem. I have been trying to sort this for 2 weeks since I upgraded and  my 14 days is up tomorrow. Customer service is non  existent.

TJMD
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I had a 2nd attempt with live chat and explained the whole thing again and asked to be put through to the technical team. The live chat person called me back and put me through to the tech team. All sorted now.

Grahewitt
Same issue here. I didn't have Spotify previously, I had Sky sports 1 and 2. I get the same option of 1 month free and 9.99 thereafter. I subscribed to see what it said but unsubscribed straight away as it said the same. Had major issues with years ago with Sky Sports and hoped that was teething problems.

I have exactly the same problem -

24 month contract; just upgraded and now spotify isn't working and it's a freaking pain in the ##~## to get ahold of someone to speak to.

Can we get a formal response from Vodafone as to what they are doing to resolve this issue?

Loads of us are having the same problem and customer services never solve the issue?

I only signed up to this contract based on the spotify offer, I would have been better off going with giffgaff and just paying monthly for spotify. Less headache!

@carl10210

Sorry to hear you're having trouble activating Spotify with your contract.

I also had the same issue when I upgraded my contract. To resolve this, I contacted Live Chat, who removed the feature from my plan and re-added it as fresh.

When I followed the link again I was able to set up Spotify, without being advised there would be a charge.

So that we can access your account to do the same, please contact the Live Chat team.

mikeparker76
Live chat was no help for me, I've now been billed 2 months in a row for Spotify - despite it supposedly being part of my Red bundle. Live chat/191 keep saying they have rectified it but still not sorted - probably going to need another 1 hour+ wait on 191 to get told its sorted again only to find it on my bill in Jan.
Terrible customer service - wish someone competent was dealing with billing errors

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there mikeparker76

Hopefully customer services will be able to resolve this issue for you.  You will need to continue contacting them as the forum cannot deal with account specific queries. 

PWIAC

mikeparker76
I was hoping they sorted it the last 3 times I contacted them... I wasn't looking to resolve this issue on here but just to highlight the ongoing issues Vodafone have getting the promotions working on upgrades. Either ppl don't seem to be able to renew, or in my case are told "don't worry you won't get charged" only to find a charge on the bill for something I've already paid for

MrsCR
1: Seeker

Hi, 

I've just gone through this whilst getting a phone upgrade. I previously had a spotify subscription on my last contract however it ran out just before my upgrade date so my account converted to 'Free'. 

Today i got my new phone and started the setup, i found that i hit the same problem as everyone else - that my account didnt' change from Free to Premium. 

I spoke to live support and at first assumed it was a setup problem or somehow related to using WiFi not mobile data. 

Turns out it was my fault!!!!! 

When you select the Spotify subscription it goes through a setup and then gives you a confirmed screen - in very small text on that screen it says the Spotify account name it's associated with. 

Turns out i had a Facebook account, i also had an account associated with my full email address HOWEVER the one that was connected to the vodafone subscription was a username (shortened version of my email address) so i continued the setup and then attempted to sign into Spotify with this shortened email and hey-presto there's a Spotify Premium account with my name on it! 

This is really odd as all the accounts had access to my previous playlists and favourited music - i think this is a Spotify issue not a Vodafone issue. I've now contacted Spotify to cancel these other accounts they have in my name. 

Long and short: check the small text in the Vodafone subscription setup to see which account is being connected to your premimum subscription.