Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify - multi-user subscription

andyair63
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just been upgraded to a Red Entertainment Plan. I explained that I currently have a Spotify Premium account (£15pm) for me and my two daughters. I've been assured that the free Spotify Premium package that comes with the Red Entertainment Plan allows me to have three accounts. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

18 REPLIES 18

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andyair63 I can confirm this isn't the case with the inclusive entertainment with our RED Entertainment bundles. Only a standard Spotify Premium account would be included, we don't offer a Family subscription for more than one user free of charge in the bundle. This means only yourself/or one user at a time can access the Premium features. 

Many thanks, Josh. The agent who 'sold' me the upgrade today was very specific that this subscription would give me three Spotify accounts. In fact, she said that as I have two mobile contracts on my account, if I used the Spotify option with both contracts, I'd be able to have 6 Spotify accounts in total.

She also said the Red Entertainment plus the data bundle upgrade would be at no additional cost, but when the confirmatory text arrived, the quoted new prices were more than 50% higher than I was paying before.

This isn't the first time I've been mis-sold services by on offshore Vodafone contact centre, so tomorrow, I'll call again and ask them to refer to the call recording and then to give me exactly what was

promised. They had to do that last time.

I wonder if these were genuine errors or some sort of scam used to hit sales targets...

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andyair63 I'm really sorry you've received conflicting information regarding your contract, I understand how unsatisfying and frustrating this must be. Please keep us posted with how you get on. If you need any further help, please let us know. 

I'm in the same boat "yes it will give you family access" so I bought a iPhone xs max on a red 100gb bundle, selected spotify and now its only 1 user!! If i add my wife and daughter I'll be paying double what it would have cost direct with Spotify!!! I was lead to believe Id save £5 a month so its outrageous!

what can be done? can I have Spotify removed / swapped for a different subscription so I can deal direct with Spotify for a family subscription? 

I'm in month one of a 24 moth contact and simply cant afford to be stuck with this.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry that you've had this experience @GlennN, I can understand your disappointment.

If you can respond to this private message then we’ll check your account to see what’s happened.

I'm sure we'll be able to help with this.

Blair

Hi Blair,

I'm pleased that you're having a look at @GlennN's account. Unfortunately, no-one's offered to look at mine! 

I posted the original issue, so could you do that for me, please?!

Let me know what you need to progress this.

Many thanks,

Andy

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Oh, Im so sorry @andyair63, of course we can look into this for you.

I've sent you a private message with details of how to get in touch, 

Blair

I am in the same situation and would like Vf to help fix.

i was sold Spotify and the phone package on basis I could then upgrade to family just for £4.99.

i am now being told this is not possible, so have been misold.

as you say you are sure you can help customers in this situation so please send me a private message to help me too.

thanks

jonathan

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @M360 It sounds like the adviser's got a little confused about how the free Spotify offer works. So we can take steps to prevent this happening again and look into our options for resolving your issue, pop us a private message through Facebook or Twitter and we'll be in touch 😊