Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify subscription issue

yawlaging
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, I’ve recently recommitted my wife’s phone and selected a plan that enables Spotify Premium but never received the sms with the link. I found this via other messages on the here and added Spotify but it is not offering 12 months free. Same issue happened last time, went round in circles trying to sort it and never did in the end. Vodafone just credited what I was charged but never fixed the problem. Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @yawlaging

If your Wife previously had Spotify as her entertainment pack on a previous plan, before being able to opt into the new subscription as part of an upgrade, the ongoing subscription would first need to be cancelled.  This can be done by following the information on the link below. As soon as this has been done, your Wife will be able to receive the link to subscribe to the new subscription.

Spotify Support

Although this should be easy for live chat or CS to help with, if there are continued problems, please come back to the forum.

Hi,

There was no existing subscription. I had the same issue last time and gave up trying to fix the issue. 

Ive tried sorting this over the phone, online chat and now here but not been able to get it working. Been fine on my own phone, renewed several times and it’s not been an issue. 

No no idea what to do, feeling a little frustrated now. 

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yawlaging Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I can understand how frustrating this can be.
So we can take a look into your Spotify Premium subscription on your Wife's account, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our dedicated team.

jonb
4: Newbie

Not quite the same, but in Feb this year my Spotify subscription suddenly stopped working. It was about 11 months in to the 24 month offer, and this was the second time i had used this offer, so about 35 months into my useage of Spotify premium(, and nothing had been changed on my account. But one day i find i am back on the free Spotify account.

It took the usual 20+ phone calls and web chats over more than a week to Vodafone to get is sorted. Each person "promised" or "guaranteed" they would sort the problem, and most "guaranteed" or "promised" that they had, when of course they had not.

In the end the only way Vodafone could do it was to completely remove my account and re-set up as a new account and i had to reslect Spotify as my option (rather than BT Sports).  Vodafone then did some jiggery-pokery to realign my contract start and end dates to the original contract. However, the free Spotify was now to end in Feb 2019, and not Mar 2018 as it should have. But as i have now left Vodafone my free Spotify Premium has been withdrawn.

Sorry, but I think you will just need to keep trying on the phone or on Web chats until you find the one person who actually does know how to solve your problem. Until then you will just have to endure multiple people repeting the same things which have been proven not to work on all previous occasions :Smiling: This (at least in my experience) apears to be the normal modus operandi for Vodafone.

A1000
9: Established

Glad I'm not the only one who's having/had this :Winking_smiley: I'm assured that the level 3 support team are looking into it, so hopefully a simple solution soon.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yawlaging Hopefully the advice given by @AnnS will help to get this resolved for you. If you do need any further help though, please let us know and we'll look into it.

@A1000 I'm glad to hear someone is looking into your query for you. As above though, if you do need any help with this once you've heard back, please don't hesitate to let us know 😊

A1000

Thanks @Colleen it sounded like it might be a Vodafone-Spotify interface issue that required the team to discuss with Spotify so I’m not holding my breath and have jumped back to Apple Music. 

A1000

Maybe my mention of Apple Music nudged the system :Winking_smiley: as I just received a new text link which allowed me to add the Spotify subscription to my account again which appears to have solved the issue. :Thumbs_Up:

152bobby
4: Newbie

I had the very same issue with my daughter's phone.  In all, it took me about 2 months with many phone calls and live chat to finally get it sorted.

As mentioned by another forum member, you need to get through to the right person who knows what they are doing.

I was sent many many links that did not work, finally I received the proper free link to activate Spotify, but as also mentioned, your existing Spotify free account has to be de activated or deleted before the new one can start.  But once you sign back in to Spotify, all your existing music etc should be there.

I expect Vodafone have had many problems with this and they must have wasted loads of money and resources firefighting this issue, simply because the vodafone Customer Service Agents do not have enough training (not all of them).

I expect I'll have to go through all this again when I renew my Vodafone subscription.