Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Start of sim only contract

D05Hills
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just started a sim only contract and had my credit check done etc.

I checked my account and there is an extra charge under ‘additional mobile charges’ ‘other’ ‘there is no usage of this type’ of £6

is there a reason for this? I had a problem with my mobile data which i have had an online chat about and have restarted my phone and had a reset done remotely but this cannot be the reason for this extra charge in the first month?

I had a look on the website pages advertising the sim only deal and there is nothing about extra charges in the first billing period.

please note- i have not changed network provider just changed from pay as you go to monthly, I had credit and data before i changed

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @D05Hills

I can certainly understand why you would want to know about a charge you wasn't expecting. 

Your myvodafone app and online myvodafone maybe still catching up and something may have been billed pro rata. 

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and check this charge out for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for response, hoping this is sorted out soon, I left payg hoping things would be simpler 

I checked the account Thursday and the extra charge appears to have gone!

AnnS

Hi @D05Hills

If you have only just started the SIM only contract you will need to wait until the first bill has been received, at the moment the charge is unbilled.  

When you receive the bill you will need to check the dates you have been billed, to bring you in line with your billing date you will have been charged pro rata with more than one month's line rental in advance. There is further information here : First bill