Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Still No Resolution to Account Issues!

LazyGirlUK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone, I am appealing to you once again to deal with the issues with my partner's account issue

I have once again, blogged the issues and this time have other complaints from plenty of other customers, new and like my partner, old. Most are suggesting closing their accounts, which is clearly not something you want to happen.

I have responded twice on twitter and via the link sent by one of your staff on my previous blog post, and have had no response. Its all well and good making out that you care on the comments on a blog with 25k reach, but actually follow through on your promise to sort the problem.

You are in clear breach of the Goods And Service Act of the UK. I will not hestitate to contact the Ombudsman if this is not dealt with promptly, I am sick of having to chase you.

Heres my post with links to previous posts regards this ongoing issue 

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LazyGirlUK Are you blaming Vodafone for going over your contract allowances (because they do not offer usage caps) and then refusing to pay it? 

As much as it's a shame you've gone over and been stung with a bill, you should probably up your allowances to a more suitable tariff so you pay a little more but a lot less in the long run, or move to a network such as Three who over strict usage blocks which prevent you spending more than you want to.

That though is the issue and why I feel strongly that Vodafone are negligent under the Sale of Goods Act.

When he was cold called, he continuously said he wasn't interested- he didn't want texts, or data, he was happy with pay and go.

I think perhaps cold callers are used to phoning customers on Pay & Go and getting their commission easily as most people do want to be able to text and use the net outside the wifi of home, but my partner very much uses his mobile for calls and nothing else. He also said, a number of times, that whereas a contract could possibly be cheaper, he didn't want one due to being concerned he could exceed his minutes allowance.

This is where the cold call mis-selling comes in.

The cold caller kept pushing and pushing, until he offered him- at that time and which Vodafone later heard via finding the call- an exclusive minutes only deal, and he also promised that my partner would never exceed his allowance as a cap could be put in place and, if he said yes, would be placed on his allowance.

Hence why the first time he noticed how much he had been grossly overcharged, it was such a shock.

Vodafone clearly agreed at that point and refunded him after we went through their complaints procedure.

Again, he was promised a cap and, at that point, increased his minutes allowance to what was first promised/mis-sold to him during the cold call, albeit with an increase in cost from £9 to £12 a month.

Now, if they don't offer caps, why then has he twice been promised they will indeed cap it? He was happy to cancel at the point where he was given the refund a couple of months back, but they again mis-sold the agreement via lying and offering a cap.

Whatever way you look at it, he has been lied to, time and time again.

It's also unexceptable of them to promise to resolve the issue when it has yet again occured. Yet they have completely ignored the issue and have merely felt, in my view, that commenting on my blog will suffice and show how great their customer service is to my readership.

In my experience, and the experience of others (as per the comments I screen grabbed), their customer services is utterly reprehensible, with customers charged extortionate fees (including an elderly lady who merely had the phone for emergencies) due to a scam call operation. Other firms are aware of this scam, and have taken steps to protect their customers. Vodafone does not, and only tells customers once they are hit with excess charges on their bill. They then advise you to track down the scam company and try and gain a refund from them- which is highly unlikely to happen. 

I would again appeal to Vodafone to deal with this issue and respond as promised previously. 

Retired-Sarah_L
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @LazyGirlUK

Please let me know the reference number that was received after submitting the email form provided by Phil, on Twitter. With this I can get the correspondence with our team chased up for you.

Thanks, 

Sarah

The code was from Phil Wilson (the comment is actually shown in the link above to my post) and it was E195

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You're not being asked for the code you were given to complete the form.  You are instead being asked for the reference number that you'd have received by automatic email reply shortly after submitting the form.  It looks something like this #12345678

PWIAC

I wasn't given a code when I filled in the form, just a page popped up saying they had received my message and would respond shortly.

drey_p

Within a few minutes you should have received an automated acknowledgement via email confirming that you message had been sent. If you didn't get this, it would indicate that potentially, your message wasn't received.   Can you check your spam / junk folders in case it is in there?

If it isn't and no one from Vodafone has dealt with your issue, it would indicate that your message hasn't been received and you will need to resend it.

PWIAC

Well considering I've sent it three times now and STILL not received an automated reply, email, or code, I think it really does say it all that a Communications company cannot even send a confirmation email.

If one of thw Vodafone team would like to message me, I can provide his customer number and/or mobile number. 

Hi @LazyGirlUK

Please try clearing your cookies and cache and shortening your message then resubmit your message.

You don't need to include all the details, just a brief overview and then someone will be in touch.

After that you should then receive the auto-reply email, if not please try on another device.

Regards, 

Meg-B