cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Still waiting on a refund which apparentntly doesn’t exist.

Mitchlomas
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered an iPhone X on December 29th, paid the £149.99 upfront fee to click and collect from the Abingdon store. When I received an email on the 3rd January to say the order had arrived I went to the shop to collect. I was told my order hadn’t arrived, and the black iPhone they had wasn’t for me. So the manager was supposed to have cancelled the order, and I was told I could have the white iPhone X they had in stock, but had to pay the upfront fee again and go through the whole process again. After the process was completed I was told from the manager I would receive my refund on the cancelled order within 72 hours. It’s now been 13 days and the Live chat had nothing to say I was owed a refund, so went into the store and was told I can’t speak to the manager until the 29th as the store assistant didn’t know what to do. I need this sorting ASAP. 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mitchlomas

Refunds are processed within a 30 day period and you should receive this direct to the card used to make the payment.

The iphone x is in high demand and there is a still a waiting list, it may be that the phone is still ot of stock and order still has not been processed and in the system to enable the refund.  However, unless the phone has been despatched the money should only be ringfenced in your account as an authorised pending transaction.  If you need the money returned immediately, it may be something your bank or credit card company will be able to help with.

It may be an idea for you to contact Vodafone again for the order status, if you have the order details, they should be able to find the information from there. Although you already have tried  live chat are excellent at helping with problems like you have, you will also be able to download a transcript of the chat as record or the cancelled order and refund process.

If you find you are still having issues, please come back to the forum and the Team here will be able to help.

Well it’s been 27 days,  been into the Vodafone shop, but was no good as the manager was away and there was no management in the Abingdon store, no moneys been refunded. Any chance of getting me a number for the area manager for Abingdon? 

I’ve been waiting since the 4th of January to get my £150 back. Seems there’s nothing to say my order has been cancelled and the manager I dealt with is the only one able to issue the refund! 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

So we can see what's delayed your refund request, pease get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'd also be making sure they haven't performed a second credit check on you.

Also, start following the official complaints procedure, it's about the only way to get things sorted it seems.

If you paid the deposit by credit card, dispute it with the credit card comany, there's no reason that any refund should take that long.