cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stuck in an upgrade loop on the website!

CherylT
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi.  My phone is due for an upgrade in October - I logged in to check whether I could upgrade early (always have in the past) and clicked on upgrade.  It said 'The account owner can now upgrade to any of our phones and bundles. To do this, please ask the account owner to log in to My Vodafone and choose one of the upgrade options for this device.'  But I am already logged in to my vodafone, and I have clicked on upgrade or change bundle - thats the page I clicked on.  What am I supposed to do next?  Does this mean I cant upgrade?  Just going round in circles!  Any help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@CherylT Not sure what's occurring through your MyVodafone. Perhaps clear the browser cache and data and try again or another browser. 

Or phone customer service on 191 or use Live Chat to upgrade. 

A vodafone Highstreet Store can help too if one is local and convenient to get to. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.  I cleared the cache and data, but that didnt work so  I downloaded the app to my phone and tried accessing my upgrade options that way.  Still got 'The account owner can now upgrade to any of our phones and bundles. To do this, please ask the account owner to log in to My Vodafone and choose one of the upgrade options for this device' despite being logged in at the time.

So I did a live chat with customer services.  The outcome?  Nine emails to me, one new username which doesnt work with either of the two temporary passwords I have just been sent one after the other, one text with a security code (no idea what for) and one text with a one time access code (no idea what thats for either).  Oh and I can still log in using my old username and password but I still get a message saying 'The account owner can now upgrade to any of our phones and bundles. To do this, please ask the account owner to log in to My Vodafone and choose one of the upgrade options for this device'.   So I've got nowhere at all...o

Any chance of someone from Vodafone sorting this out for me.  I just want to upgrade!

Oh and just to confuse things further, I now have 3 different account numbers showing on my account. . . Hope that doesn't mean 3 bills.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CherylT So we're able to look into this further for you, please contact our team directly using the information in the private message I've sent.