Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super User black hole - wait for change to sim only

kaustubha
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We have requested a change to SIM only. Got a sms message next day that in order to make that the change, Vodafone will have to disconnect and reconnect the connection. Its been a wait for things to happen since then. Calling customer services means having to navigate through 'tobi' and reaching god knows which department.

Some people understand the issue and transfer to upgrade team - who tell us that the only way for this change over to happen is for someone from Super User team to do something - however they cannot transfer the call to Super User team, so they will write them an email and that we will be contacted by super user team through email or sms. I have reach this stage of the maze quite a few times now and nothing happens after this.

No contact from super user team, no change to SIM only.

Any guidance on how to get past this - other than leave Vodafone (I am guessing even if we left, it will end up being the case of getting charged even when not a customer because of whatever the issue is that prevents normal upgrade/retention team from processing the order)? Prefer to get the plan that we were advised we will get when we first requested the change....

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Would you consider giving the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries a try.

They have full account access.

There is no account access via this forum @kaustubha 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thanks BoB! I was rather hoping for contact for the team than to discuss the account here... Will try Social Media team. Would that be any different to talking to customer services callling 191?

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @kaustubha 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams and 191 have the same account access.

191 is usually faster because through Facebook and Twitter you would have a few messages between you to pass security checks and then go to DM's on Twitter.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

hrym

@kaustubha wrote:

thanks BoB! I was rather hoping for contact for the team than to discuss the account here... Will try Social Media team. Would that be any different to talking to customer services callling 191?

As @BandOfBrothers says, they both have access to the same systems.   However, the important difference is that, while 191 will try to fix the issue while you're on with them, the Social Media team can take it away, refer it on, and then get back to you.   It's a slower process, but can be more reliable in complex situations (which this may or may not be).   I tend to use Social Media for technical issues that I don't think have a simple fix.

thank you @BandOfBrothers, @AnnS, @Stonefences, @hrym.

so I understand - * calling 191 or reaching to social media teams is more or less the same, social media teams may have a slight edge considering they can do things offline and can possibly spend longer trying to sort out an issue. * disconnection and reconnection is normal and nothing to be worried out.

all this is fine, I am ok with disconnecting and reconnecting. my problem was Vodafone did not actually do it. They kept telling me this will need to be done by Super users and that they have sent the request to that team, but nothing actually happened after that!

Coincidentally, something happened this morning, the sim disconnected and reconnected - but now, it appears they have put us on a plan completely different from what we discussed and agreed to!! I can see another slog now to get through customer services again!

seriously, how difficult is it to move from one plan to another?!

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome from us all @kaustubha 

Simply it should be a seamless procedure in all honesty !

Sometimes things do go wrong which I'm sure many accept. 

It's then down to how this is put right which instils confidence back into the product and services.  

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

hrym

None of this looks good.   Contact the Social Media team and put in a link to this thread so that you don't have to repeat yourself.   They should be able to get you sorted out.

You're welcome @kaustubha 

Give it a few hours before your contact Vodafone. It may be that they're still working on the account for you. You'll know they have because you'll get messages (SMS or email) to thank you for changing your plan to SIM only

The explanation stonefences gave you is correct more or less.  This disconnection reconnection will be required on a line with an error regarding the contract end date.  Sometimes it's a different issue regarding a mismatched plan.

None of this is down to you as a customer however and Vodafone need to be doing everything to put it right.  

There have been delays in processing things due to the current situation but at least it seems to have progressed to the plan being changed. (Although it might not be the right one at the minute)

Which plan were you supposed to be upgrading to?

I would try social media.  I'm sure they can get this sorted out for you.