cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Swapping Monthly / PAYG between 2 phones !

bigbazovuk
4: Newbie

Scenario......

1. I currently have an iphone 7 on vodafone contract for another 6 weeks, then intended to go sim only when contract expires.

2. I have bought a Huawei P30 Pro from another phone shop on a Vodafone contract (arriving today)

3. I want to keep my exisiting number but transfer it to my new phone on that new contract

4. my old iphone can either be sim only or sold as now surplus

Which is the best method to carry this out ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Brilliant helpful replies from you both thank you 👍

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @bigbazovuk 

You can certainly transfer your original number to the new contract but the problem you are going to have is the number will override the new contract number and you are going to end up losing the new number.

If keeping the new number is not a problem,  when you are in the last 30 days of the contract or when it expires (to avoid paying any early termination charges) the quickest way to get this done is to port the original number to an alternative network on PAYG and back in on the new contract.

You will then be free to sell your old phone or keep it as SIM only or PAYG with a new number.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @bigbazovuk, I think @AnnS has pretty much hit the nail on the head there. Once your original numbers contract is coming to an end, we can move you down to Pay as you go; then you'll just need to fill in one quick form to move your number over to your new contract. 

If you have any other questions, or there's anything you're still unsure of; don't hesitate to get back in touch 👍

Brilliant helpful replies from you both thank you 👍