cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching from a pay monthly contract to a sim only contract?

an1sa_k
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Okay, so I'm on a pay monthly contract and my upgrade date is the 08th of December 2018 (08/12/2018). That means I can upgrade from today (hooray!). The Sim Only Contract deals are really appealing and I love the phone that I have. I want to upgrade from my Pay Monthly Contract to a Sim Only Contract. Is this possible?

I've asked advisors on Live Chat and received mixed responses. Some say that I will have to finish off my 24 month contract, and others say that upgrading to a Sim Only Contract from my upgrade date is fine. Another reply on the forum says this; "If you check the My Vodafone Application and your online account you will be able to see your upgrade date.  When you are in that period, you will be able to change to a 12 month SIM only."  

I'm really confused. Can I upgrade to a Sim Only Contract now or do I have to wait for my 24 months to be over? Please help.

Many Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @an1sa_k

Until you are in the last month of your contract, Vodafone won't let you change to a cheaper SIM only 12 month contract enabling you to pay less for your handset contract.

That basically means completing your full 24 months contract. 

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

AnnS

Hi @an1sa_k

Until you are in the last month of your contract, Vodafone won't let you change to a cheaper SIM only 12 month contract enabling you to pay less for your handset contract.

That basically means completing your full 24 months contract.