main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Switching number (old Vodafone Monthly to new Vodafone Monthly)

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi there

My main contract ended, so I've signed up with a new contract with Vodafone. I need to get my old monthly contract Vodafone number to my new Vodafone monthly contract. I've read around that I need to go the route of converting my old Vodafone monthly contract to Pay As You Go then port it back to my new contract.

I've tried to contact the customer services, but the online chat was not very helpful, and I was on hold for one and a half hours tonight on the phone to 191 before I gave up as the help pages say to contact them directly to convert monthly to Pay As You Go.

Is there any easier ways? Such getting a PAC code then moving the number I want to keep to another provider temporarily, then moving it back to Vodafone and replacing the number on my main contract? As Vodafone customer services seem impossible to get ahold of on 191.

Thanks for any help

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @Teaf

If this is a new contract directly from Vodafone you should have upgraded, this would have enabled you to keep the same number.

You will need to cancel the previous contract by putting number on PAYG taking 30 days to complete or port out and back on on the new contract.

Speak to Vodafone through the customer service channels they will help transfer the number. 

View solution in original position

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

Hi @Teaf

If this is a new contract directly from Vodafone you should have upgraded, this would have enabled you to keep the same number.

You will need to cancel the previous contract by putting number on PAYG taking 30 days to complete or port out and back on on the new contract.

Speak to Vodafone through the customer service channels they will help transfer the number. 

View solution in original position

View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks Ann. Unfortunately the upgrade option was not on the table, as Vodafone wouldn't/couldn't match the new deal offer I was given, so I had to take the new contract. I'll speak to Customer Services (or try too!). Thanks again for your help.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

PAC out to an online PAYG network and then PAC in.

A couple of days of faffing about to save a lot of money, it's worth it.

View more options
16: Advanced member

I'm literally about to have to do the same thing for the same reason. 

The upgrade offer from Vodafone (I always do sim only) is pretty poor. 

I can get the same deal from Mobiles.co.uk (with Vodafone) for £13 per month cheaper.

So my plan is to get the PAC (you can request via text now) and port out for a day. Then text message again and port back in on the new account. For a saving of £13 per month, it's worth the effort for me.

View more options