cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Technical Issues following plan upgrade.

pjnewton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

All was fine with my plan and service until I tried to add Apple watch cellular service.

I was informed that I would need to change to a more expensive plan before the watch service could be added. This was done, but I now have several technical issues.

Call forwarding no longer works. The code is accepted and it is confirmed as active, but simply does not work any more. This was working immediately before the plan upgrade.

The 1471 last caller information service now tells me it is not available for my subscription. This also was working fine prior to the upgrade.

The Apple watch service does not work at all.

14 REPLIES 14

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pjnewton I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're facing. So we're able to take a closer look into this, please send us your details by following the private message I've sent you. 

I replied to the private message straight away, but have not received an automatic acknowledgement as expected. I am about to try submitting it again.

In the meantime further issues have arisen, Anyone trying to call me gets a couple of seconds of NU before the ringing starts. All diverts now get NU. I have also received a system alert informing me that Wi-Fi and 4G calling have been removed from my account.

I have had very similar issues to you. Mine included calls being dropped, but the strange ringtone when people called me was unbearable. Sometimes it was like I was abroad, other times like my line was disconnected. 

Ive had 6 weeks of this culminating with the directors complains team conceding that they have no idea how to fix the problem and have disconnected my Apple Watch and did a disconnect and reconnect on my main phone. 

That has solved my phone issues, but I am now at deadlock about the termination fee. 

I really want my Apple Watch working so if you get a solution then let me know what they did to solve it. 

Yes, I also have been getting more dropped calls than before and the NU tone usually indicates a disconnected line. After a couple of seconds it gives ringing tone, but not everybody waits!

I have yet to hear anything about a fix. Will post if I do.

I isolated the dropped calls to when it drops from 4g to 3G. Just get call failure after that. 

Sounds to me like you have identical issue to me. 

Vodafone have no solution to this. It’s rare issue. 

I suggest you write to the directors complaints team. 

If you get a fix then please post it. I will do the same, although for the time being my watch has been disconnected until further notice. 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pjnewton Have you received an automated response with a unique reference number since emailing us after your last post?

@ori I'm sorry your experience has led to Deadlock proceedings, we'd have loved the opportunity to turn things around for you. Have you since been to the Ombudsman? If not, we'd love to help out and intervene in your complaint.

The situation is as follows. 

We tried all the standard trouble shooting. 

We tried a disconnect and a reconnect of both watch and phone. That didn’t solve the problem. 

After 7 weeks of this, your directors complaints team said there is nothing left for them to do other than to disconnect my Apple Watch in order to stop the problems with my main line. 

I would love to reconnect my Apple Watch, but I am scared that the problems will come back. 

Your team have given up trying to fix the problem and have just disconnected my Apple Watch incurring a termination fee which I am obviously disputing. 

If you think you can help, than be all means try. I would be more than happy for you to attempt fixing the issue, but I’ve kinda lost hope. 

I tried several times to reply to the PM. Each attempt resulted in a confirmation page, but never an automated email. I then tried from a different computer and this resulted in email being sent. The next day I got a code by text to validate by email and a day or so later I got a reply.

The reply was that the technical team were already aware and would contact me. This is the same reply I have  had many times from 191 over the last few weeks. I have never had any contact from the technical team.

I have decided that I have tried long enough to get this working. As I am within the 30 day cooling off period, I called in yesterday to request my PAC.. After being passed around a few departments, I was eventualy told that I would get a call back within 2 hours with my PAC.

This, of course, never happened.

However some things have happened. The secondary line has been removed and my primary line appears to have reverted to normal opperation.

I have also received an email telling me that a return package is being sent out to me to send my equipment back.. Not sure what to put in this, as I am sim only.

Yup! Once the watch secondary line is disconnected, normal service on main line seems to work fine. 

Shame they couldn’t fix your problem as I want a solution too!

good luck