main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay monthly

Text messages from wrong number

4: Newbie

Hi,

I just changed my PAYG account for a new phone on contract. Everything went well but the txt messages are coming from the temp number not mine?  Also I no longer see my phone in my account online and I'm unable to log into "My Vodafone" on the app to change settings? Any ideas guys??  Phone is a Samsung A51

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @JennyB 

With you using a  Samsung phone the phone is using memory from the first number. Try sending the text as a new message and not as part of an original conversation. 

As far as your application is concerned, you will be to delete all traces from the phone and download a fresh copy for the number change.  As the application goes by the online account you will also need to set up a new online account for the change from PAYG to pay monthly and number change.

If you still have problems you will be looking at doing a factory reset to clear the phone of all previous stored memory. 

If you need further help please see this link: Contact Us 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @JennyB  if it's an iPhone have a look in settings, phone, my number and check the correct number is stored there

View more options