main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Text messages from wrong number

JennyB
4: Newbie

Hi,

I just changed my PAYG account for a new phone on contract. Everything went well but the txt messages are coming from the temp number not mine?  Also I no longer see my phone in my account online and I'm unable to log into "My Vodafone" on the app to change settings? Any ideas guys??  Phone is a Samsung A51

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JennyB 

With you using a  Samsung phone the phone is using memory from the first number. Try sending the text as a new message and not as part of an original conversation. 

As far as your application is concerned, you will be to delete all traces from the phone and download a fresh copy for the number change.  As the application goes by the online account you will also need to set up a new online account for the change from PAYG to pay monthly and number change.

If you still have problems you will be looking at doing a factory reset to clear the phone of all previous stored memory. 

If you need further help please see this link: Contact Us 

View more options
63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @JennyB  if it's an iPhone have a look in settings, phone, my number and check the correct number is stored there

View more options