cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages sent to USA on my bill - not sent from my phone.

stoneys15
1: Seeker

Help!! My bill for this month shows 21 text messages sent to USA on the same day. I have definitely 100% not sent these messages. Nothing is showing on my phone (iPhone XS) and I have checked all of my apps that none have SMS permissions. I have contacted customer services to no avail - the agent said that the SIM is secure and I must have sent the messages - he even said I may have done it accidentally in my pocket!! Has anyone else had issues like this, or do you have any ideas about what might have caused it and how I can prevent it from happening again? 

4 REPLIES 4

RIPTwitch
6: Helper
6: Helper

"he even said I may have done it accidentally in my pocket"

I laughed so hard.

Don't use live chat. they're useless. They shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.

Don't use forums they're more useless.. Copy and paste bots.

Call them and pray you get an English speaker.

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @stoneys15  there is a forum team here who may be able to help, give them a chance to catch up with your post and see if they can shed some light on your issue. 

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Have you by any chance sent Texts to Europe?

There was a time that some Europe Texts were showing up as Sent to USA as it picked up +1 in front of the number and the bill showed them as text to USA. 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stoneys15 I'm sorry to hear you've had some unexpected charges for texting the US, when you believe you haven't done so. We'd love to take a closer look into this for you, I've sent you a Private Message with instructions on how to get in touch with our team. Please follow the steps included and we'll get to the bottom of how this has happened for you.