main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Texting Internationally

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hey there! I currently have a 12-month contract sim with unlimited texts and calls and 1GB of data. I have a friend in Russia I am dying to talk to, but I'm not sure if I am able to do so for free. Help much appreciated, thanks!  H

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

Hi @haika 

Please see here: Calling and Texting abroad from the UK

As you can see to text a Russian number will cost 35p per text.

I would look at the link below and add international calling and text allowances to your account, this will work out a lot cheaper and you will be able to connect to your friend in Russia.

Vodafone Extras

View more options

Your best option is to connect to WiFi and then use an app like Whatsapp if that's available in Russia. Or Facebook Messenger or Skype.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Good point @jeffkinn . Didn't think about social media. 

View more options
16: Advanced member

If both of you are using Apple devices, then imeesenger or if both using Samsung then Duo are other options.

The only limitation is what is available for use in Russia as some of what  has listed and the two I have mentioned could have restriction placed in Russia.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi! Whilst i highly appreciate the help, I would like to know there was a way I could possibly contact her without WiFi or data, as I am rarely around WiFi and cannot have data. Thank you so very much! This is my first time on this community and I'm extremely pleased with it!

View more options

Welcome to the Community @haika!

If you don't have access to Wi Fi or data, @AnnS' post should help - alternatively you can use any available Wi Fi from a public building (such as in a library) to access any social media channels to stay in touch with your friend

View more options