Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Texting Internationally

haika
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey there! I currently have a 12-month contract sim with unlimited texts and calls and 1GB of data. I have a friend in Russia I am dying to talk to, but I'm not sure if I am able to do so for free. Help much appreciated, thanks!  H

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @haika 

Please see here: Calling and Texting abroad from the UK

As you can see to text a Russian number will cost 35p per text.

I would look at the link below and add international calling and text allowances to your account, this will work out a lot cheaper and you will be able to connect to your friend in Russia.

Vodafone Extras

jeffkinn

Your best option is to connect to WiFi and then use an app like Whatsapp if that's available in Russia. Or Facebook Messenger or Skype.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If both of you are using Apple devices, then imeesenger or if both using Samsung then Duo are other options.

The only limitation is what is available for use in Russia as some of what  has listed and the two I have mentioned could have restriction placed in Russia.

Hi! Whilst i highly appreciate the help, I would like to know there was a way I could possibly contact her without WiFi or data, as I am rarely around WiFi and cannot have data. Thank you so very much! This is my first time on this community and I'm extremely pleased with it!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Welcome to the Community @haika!

If you don't have access to Wi Fi or data, @AnnS' post should help - alternatively you can use any available Wi Fi from a public building (such as in a library) to access any social media channels to stay in touch with your friend :Smiling: