Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The vodafone merry-go-round,

Donein
4: Newbie

I'm waiting for a call back from vodafone. 

They ring, 3 mins in the call drops.

They ring, 1 min in the call drops.

They don't try again that day, just add on another 3 days to contact date.

This has happened multiple times, the promised 3 day callback, is now at 21 days.

If I ring or use chat, I cannot get to the correct department. They have to call me, yet they cannot provide a service that works, to enable that.

Can anyone please tell me how to get off this merry-go-round 

8 REPLIES 8

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Donein What were the call back's being scheduled in regards to? Is there anything we can help you with on the Forum instead? Is it connectivity that you're facing issues with i.e. calls connecting/coverage? 

It couldn't possibly be connectivity issues, because every time I've spoken to vodafone over the last year and a half about it, they tell me the network is fine.............so it couldn't possibly be connectivity.

They were calling about an account matter, sadly the forum cannot help me with that, but thank you for the kind offer and for taking the time to reply.

I spent another two and a half hours in chat last night, and of course the only way to sort it out is to speak to someone that will of course call me back within 3 days.

Back on the merry-go-round.......

Yesterday, I managed to arrange a call back for today at 10.00.

Given how long this issue has dragged on for, and how difficult it is to maintain a call, I made every effort to make sure my location would give a good signal and was sat waiting, ready for this call and allowed an hour, what I thought would be enough time to get through it.

Vodafone finally called over an hour late, then seemed surprised when I said I no longer had time to take the call.

They couldn't arrange another call back later today or tomorrow, so yet another 48 hours is added on but they assure me they will be punctual this time. 

Back on the merry-go-round, again.

We're sorry for the time that you've spent waiting for the call @Donein. If it's an account query, we can't take a look at this over the community, however, we do have our Facebook and Twitter teams who will be happy to help. You can find the contact details here

MarkD

I hope you're planning to go into politics, with that ability to misread information and give a stock answer that bares no relation to the question, you should do well.

I had hoped by this time to have spoken to vodafone after arranging yet another call back for today at 10.00am.

They have not even looked at my account to send the verify text to preceed the call. It is now 10.45.

Vodafone obviously have no intention of trying to resolve my issues. It is a waste of time to try and pursue this with them any further. 

I will be speaking to CISAS and informing them of vodafone refusal to speak with me.

Arranged a call back for 3/10/20 @10.00

Sat and waited in my car for the best signal to maintain the call for over an hour, again.

Vodafone finally calls  @ 16.30, 6 1/2 hours after the arranged time then wonders why I don't have time to take call now.

Rearranged call for 5/10/20 

Was not contacted by vodafone by any means at any time on the 5/10/20

Have requested an ADR letter, as vodafone are not making any serious attemp to resolve my issue or speak to me about it. And.....the only people that can issue the letter are the same team that won't speak to me.

Still on the vodafone merry-go-round.........

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand how frustrating this must be getting at this point @Donein, we do want to help with this.

From what you have said before, am I right in saying the purpose of the call backs were to discuss and hopefully resolve network issues you have been experiencing? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

If it is a query that we would need to access your account for, we can do so over social media here