cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Theft insurance isn’t theft insurance- waste of money and time getting insured with vodaphone

Nickashby
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I took vodaphone insurance when I took out my upgrade in October! What a mistake that was.

on the 01/02 my phone was stolen from my coat whist I went to the bathroom. I called vodaphone and got it blocked. Called the police and then called vodaphone in reference to my sim for a old phone and my insurance. They sent me to the shop 1.5 miles away in the snow and they couldn’t replace the sim as systems were down. I then called again and was insured that I would get a replacement next day. I called and they said no sorry 4 days. I then had to walk again in the snow and they replaced the sim and the calls and texts did not work. Only until the 13/02 was the text issue resolved. 

I also was sent to apple care for my insurance then sent back to Vodafone who sent me to Vodafone insurance to make my claim and the claim was done with police reference Cromer. But I was then Told by email that I would have 1 to 5 working days to get a written response I waited for 1 to 5 days it didn’t happen I don’t also re-called the head office number for the complaints and they said I will get over email again on Thursday to confirm what was going on I don’t have to cool three days later to get a fighter to get a response which was unsatisfactory and declined in my favour.   This is because apparently I left it in the room knowingly with one person out of five people I did not know although I had spent three hours previously with them and had specified that I kept it out of sight .  Are use ambiguous words in their terms and conditions to get away with paying me for a new phone this one is against  The law and I’m currently going through the financial ombudsman to get this resolved .

It’s been over 12 days without having a phone and Vodafone have completely let me down in the time that I need them the most.  Do you not use Vodafone insurance am I want you to as they will not help you when you need them and you pay £15 a month for affectively nothing . 

Make sure you read the terms and conditions as they do not tell you when  you purchased the product the terms and conditions and also say they send you in a wallet with all the details which has not arrived and then refuse to send you the terms and conditions . 

6 REPLIES 6

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nickashby I'm really sorry to hear you've had this experience with us when your phone was stolen, I certainly understand how unsatisfying and frustrating this situation must have been for you.

As you've mentioned you've escalated this to the Ombudsman services, this is the highest point of escalation. If there's anything else we're able to help you with in the meantime, don't hesitate to pop us a message.

To be honest if your team would help me I wouldn’t start that process. I feel

cmpletely let down and everyone I’ve contacted is unhelpful and unwilling to help. I’ve asked to speak to a manager in the customer service department and I’ve been direct to send a letter.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nickashby It's disappointing to hear you feel this way and I appreciate how frustrating this experience has been. I'll be sure to pass on this feedback internally, to help improve our customers journey in the future. 

@nickashby you should try sending a direct email to the CEO Nick Jeffery you get a response within 24 hours also the person that deals with the complaint from there will be part of the executive complaint which deal with the complaint prior going to the ombudsman. The ombudsman may request that you get a deadlock letter or wait 56 days before that take the case in as this is the standard process for complaint to be escalated to the ombudsman I know this as this used to be my job for about her company hope this helps 

Hi, 

What is his email? I’d love to speak to him directly.

thanks

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

No-one will post it on  here because it will be instantly removed. However it is freely available via Googling.