Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Totally annoyed with Vodafone * Problem Finally Resolved

gedk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Im hoping someone can help as Ive spent hours on the phone to India and all they have succeeded in doing is making the problem worse.

In february this year I tried to cancel a contract within the 14 day cooling off period, I returned the handset which was an early upgrade.  All year I have spent litereally hours on the phone and in the web chat trying to return my contract to its original tarrif. 

All year Ive paid for a handset/contract I returned and have since been entered into another two 24 month contracts which are more expensive have no free handsets that I didnt even ask for !  terms and conditions were not provided as I wasn't even made aware that this was happening.

Talking to someone on the other side of the world who pastes scripts off a screen does not work when you need a problem resolved.  

I have repeatedly asked for an email address and phone number of a uk based billing team and been refused.

This morning I patiently and politely asked several times for a UK based number I could phone but was fobbed off.

Ive tried to find a number for a vodafone store to hopefully get a phone no. of them but the only number listed is the one to india.

Ive been with vodafone for about 15yrs, but this ##~## poor customer service obviously means they dont give a ##~## about their customers anymore..

Seems to me that you can only speak to someone in the uk if your a potential new customer, if its not the case then can someone please provide me with a phone number.  It has to be a landline as the mobile signal where I live is rubbish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A big thank you to Dannie of the social media team for calling me and sorting out my account.

I just wish we could have spoken back in February ,  it would have saved a lot of time and stress.

I've spent hours on the phone to India and in webchat this year to try and get a problem fixed that took Dannie about 1 minute to resolve.  Speaks for itself really.

I believe offshore call centres can work to an extent , but if you have a problem that is failing to be resolved there should be an option to request a transfer to a uk call centre. 

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Well I'm not surprised your unimpressed at this issue @gedk

A person has 30 days to cancel under the Network Satisfaction Guarantee period. 

Customer Services deal with billing if they can but if necessary can escalate it higher but they are not Customer facing for you to speak to. 

Sometimes if a person requests to speak to a UK call centre I've heard they can pass you through if an agent is free. 

Please let the Social Media Team here who read all posts catch up with your post and I'm sure that they will help you with this situation if they can. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @Band of Brothers.

All i want is to speak to someone on the phone who can fix this.  I have spent hours on a crackly line to india repeatedly being put on hold and each call lasts about an hour. 

I tried requesting an email address of someone in the billing department so I could put the problem in writing, attach the web chats so they could see what had been said, and deal with just the one person instead of trying to explain the problem to a different person each time.  But again they wouldnt do this.

If your a potential customer you get a uk call centre to speak to.

When they decided to phone me up and sell me broadband, again it was a UK call centre and again when my wifes contract expired someone in the uk decided called her.

It seems once theyre getting your money contact with anyone in the uk ceases , and tough if you don't like it as your in a contract.

If i cancel my direct debits to vodafone Im pretty sure someone in the UK would contact me

Thats my next step if this continues. 

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You cancel your Direct Debit, you are absolutely correct, someone in UK will contact you, but not Vodafone. They will Terminate your line, and pass your account to Debt Collectors. And also add a default to your Credit Rating.

As mentioned, wait for the Forum team and they will help you get it sorted.

Ok guess i cant do that, but then again how can vodafone put me on a new 24 month contract without telling me, without being given terms and conditions, so therefore I havent agreed to a new contract surely ??

My contract should be up for renewal but now its 2019, and I dont evenhave a phone from them.

As you advised I will wait. ,

Ive had 9months of trying to get someone to sort this out so guess I can wait a little longer.

Its very annoying though. If I dont pay them I get in trouble ,  every month they take money out of my bank that their not entitiled to,  If I did that it would be classed as theft.  I cant stop them and I can't speak to anyone with half a brain to sort it out. Instead Im having to post on here  like numerous others in the hope that someone will read this and help.     Its taking the ##~##

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gedk I'm very sorry to hear about this and we'll be happy to look into it. 

So we can access your account, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

Well for such a big company the customer service is  shocking.

Having to use the social media advisers on here as a last resort isn't ideal but progress has been made though its painfully slow and frustrating.  

Im posting on here again in the hope that it is seen and Mathew replys to my emails please.

A big thank you to Dannie of the social media team for calling me and sorting out my account.

I just wish we could have spoken back in February ,  it would have saved a lot of time and stress.

I've spent hours on the phone to India and in webchat this year to try and get a problem fixed that took Dannie about 1 minute to resolve.  Speaks for itself really.

I believe offshore call centres can work to an extent , but if you have a problem that is failing to be resolved there should be an option to request a transfer to a uk call centre. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gedk I'm glad to see Dannie was able to resolve your query and I've passed your feedback on to her 🙂