Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trade in problems

ARLENEDONNACHIE
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I upgraded to the Samsung S21. I received the new phone yesterday. 

I have been trying to use the Trade in tool on the Vodafone app and I can only get to 72% (where it asks me to take a photo of my screen), once I have done that I cannot get any further. 

Trying to speak to the correct person at Vodafone has proven impossible. I have also sent emails to the Trade in team (after speaking to them), again getting nowhere. Short of cancelling I, can anyone tell me what to do next? Many thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

How are you getting on? 

I ended up calling Vodafone for the 22nd time and EVENTUALLY they informed me that they can do a manual request for a trade in bag to be sent. Apparently it can take about 4week to receive at the moment so just have to wait and see. Lord knows what my bill will be like this month! 

Hey @ARLENEDONNACHIE, we are aware of a delay in providing the manual bags to customers at the moment, apologies for this. You can see an estimated forecast of your bill through the My Vodafone app. Alternatively, if you pop us a private message, through one of our social channels, we'll be able to take a look into this for you.

Months later and I'm having the exact same problem. I camt get passed the screen target. The whole point I took the deal out was because of trade in, my phone is in excellent condition. Baffled!! 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please come and speak to my team over on Facebook or Twitter, so we can help with this @Nic_B1581 🙂

I've sent a message via Facebook as asked and it's not even been seen 😕

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

We aim to reply to all messages as soon as we reach them @Nic_B1581 

Please note, if you want a more instant conversation style interaction, you'll need to contact us via Live Chat. 

I've got the same problem. The trade in app stops working after the screen/mirror test. I also can't see all the type on the screen using my samsung. I've tried re installing and turning the phone on and off. Tried 5 times and every time it comes up with the don't forget to uninstall Google. Only option I have is to close the app? When are Vodafone going to fix this problem?