Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer number from Vodafone Business account to Vodafone Pay Monthly account

woodbank
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi - I want to transfer my phone number from my Vodafone Business account to my new phone on a  new Vodafone Pay Monthly account that I've just opened before I close the business account. I have the phone and the account is active. I've spent hours on Chat and had a lot of conflicting advice, getting absolutely nowhere. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction! Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @woodbank 

This is easily completed.  To transfer your business account, you need to complete and submit this form:

Transferring your number and agreement

However, the problem you are going to have is with the new pay monthly contract, when the transfer of ownership is completed, you will be agreeing to the remaining time left on the business contract in your name on a consumer contract.  This is going to leave you with two contracts the transferred business account and your new pay monthly contract.

However, if you do not need two pay monthly contracts you do have 14 days to cancel the new pay monthly contract.

Hi - thanks for this, but am I right that this is for transferring the number and the agreement? I don't want a new agreement as I have a vodafone pay monthly account already - I just want my new phone to have the old number! It seems that if this wasn't a vodafone bussiness account a simple PAC code would do the job.

AnnS

Hi @woodbank 

This will be a change of ownership for the business contract, not just the number.  As soon as this is completed, it will be up to you to decide to cancel or keep both contracts.  A PAC is ony used when porting out, you can't port Vodafone to Vodafone.

To cancel the business contract when transferred will mean you will be liable for any early termination charges.    If you don't want keep the business contract, when transferred the best way to terminate will be to ask Vodafone for a PAC, this will immediately cancel the contract when used and you will receive the final bills as consumer, move the number out and back in onto the new pay monthly contract by completing this form:  Keep your number

However, this seems pointless, it may be far better to keep the business contract when transferred with the number you want to keep, upgrade the phone when applicable and cancel the new pay monthly contract.

Hi - thanks for the advice. I really can't see why this should be so complicated, but then I don't understand the internal workings of Vodafone!

My business account is out of contract so it can be shut down without penalty.  I have no intention of maintaining it - I can't for the life of me see any advantage in having a business account, particularly (as I'm finding now) communication is not good.

The form for Transfer of Ownership says, "We aim to keep any numbers transferred on their existing plans, with the same minutes, texts, data and monthly charges". 

I just want to close down my business account and move the number to my Pay Monthly account. Too much to ask..? Is it really impossible? 

AnnS

It's  not complicated @woodbank .

As the business contract is out of contract, complete the change of ownership form to get the contract into your name on consumer.  You will then be free to terminate the contract by requesting a PAC code to move the number out of Vodafone and back in on the new contract.

Alternatively, Vodafone can put the number on PAYG, this will enable you to transfer the number to the new pay monthly contract, the disadvantage of going the PAYG route is taking 30 days to complete whereas the PAC code way is quicker.

Thanks for your help on this - much appreciated!