Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer number to contract purchased from third-party

Emilyandwhatnot
2: Seeker

Hiya, my contract has recently ended and I was looking to purchase a new phone from mobiles.co.uk, I contacted Vodafone support earlier to double check the order in which I need to do things, and was told that I wouldn't be able to transfer my phone number between Vodafone contracts if the new contract was purchased from a third-party. 

This however doesn't make sense, my previous phone was acquired in the same way, I purchased the phone and contract via mobiles.co.uk, then contract Vodafone to transfer over my number. I remember it being quick and painless. I was told today however that that never should have happened and someone did something wrong. I was also told that PAC numbers were only used when transferring to a new network, which makes sense, but this means that I would get to keep my number if I ordered a new phone from Vodafone or left the provider entirely, but I have to change my number if I stay with Vodafone but the phone is from a third-party?

Can anyone shed some light on this, it seems slightly backwards to refuse to transfer a number simply because I bought the phone from the wrong place 😕

1 REPLY 1

Emilyandwhatnot

Just to clarify, does this mean that if I formally cancel my current contract, Vodafone will be able to transfer the number over to the new one once I receive it?