Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer number to new contract

linzihardy78
2: Seeker

My vodafone contract  ends   at  end of the month ...29/7 

Was looking   to upgrade but  ended up   taking out a new contract by mistake.   I got a beeter deal  with cashback through a 3rd party with vodafone so decided to keep the new contract but i want to keep my number i have now . Thought t it would be a simple process s  transfering my number to the new  contract .   I have less than 30 days left until my current contract ends.   Is it still possible to get PAK code, register a PAYG sim  on  EE   and transfer number in time before contract ends .  Need to do it ASAP!!   

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @linzihardy78 

Moving old vodafone number onto new Vodafone Contract.

Credits to @AnnS 

There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  

You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  

You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract.

2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.If your original contract near it’s end date ? If not then actioning the above would end it and invoke any relavent early termination fee. 

Hope the above helps.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

9788CL

Done something similar. 

I contacted Vodafone & they said it was a 30 day wait & the number would be transferred to pay as you go. That was yesterday, I contacted them again & the girl sorted everything for me & this morning it was transfered over.