main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Transfer pay monthly number to pay as you go.

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi there one of my numbers is moving to pay as you go on the 8th of July do I keep my contract sim or do I need to get a pay as you go one?

Many thanks John 

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

You use the same SIM, the SIM will become PAYG on the day the number moves.

Vodafone should also give you £10 credit on the SIM to start you on PAYG. 

View more options

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995 

Using the same sim will be fine as the change occurs on Vodafone systems to your account.

However your phone will have the Pay Monthly Apn settings that allows the internet to work on your mobile phone. 

You should get some initial set up settings to change these but if you don't then text WEB to 40127 which then should send you the settings.

These can be manually set up too.

How-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
4: Newbie

Good morning@ Ann's thank you for replying to me I really appreciated it 🙂because I was getting a bit worried that my number would end up on some random sim card somewhere😂

But I one question for you.

I haven't I actually received any confirmation to say that it's going over to pay as you go only texts saying sorry you're thinking of leaving us and offering me a deal is that the normal process? Many thanks John

Ps thanks for informing me about the £10 free credit🙂

View more options

The transfer takes 30 days and the communications you've recieved is usual @JOHNBARRATT1995 

You may even get something talking about disconnection too.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995 

There was an enquiry the same as yours yesterday.  Unfortunately and very regrettably I hadn't heard about the change and being able to use the same SIM.  However, there is a lot of useful links and information on the thread. https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Switching-from-Pay-Monthly-to-PAYG/m-p/2634956#M52228

If you have a Vodafone branded phone, you should only need to change the APN on the network settings on the phone from contract to prepaid on the day of change.  Vodafone usually send a text to let you know there has been a change of SIM and send the settings to download and instal.

I would have thought Vodafone would send a text notification when the change has taken place but there is no reason for Customer Services or live chat being unable to confirm your request has been actioned and the number will be scheduled to move in 30 days time.

View more options