cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to pay my last bill and the adviser wants me to do it over online chat.

sanctuarybutter
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having had many a discussion about cancelling my account last month, I finally done it. 

Yesterday however, I receive a text saying I owe Vodafone £5.78. The text says I can log in online and pay my bill, however I then realise my account has been cancelled (presumably because my contract has ended). 

I went on to ask an online adviser for assistance, but he is saying the only way to pay my bill is through a link. I've never experienced having to make a payment this way - isn't there a more secure way to make this payment? Why can't my account be reactivated for me to make this payment as normal?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The options are in How-do-I-pay-my-bill. 

One is via a phone call @sanctuarybutter 

The  Vodafone Social Media Teams can help via.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I dont think it's viable to reinstate a closed account as that in itself could cause issues too.

It's important to make sure all monies are clearer to stop any possibilities of a default  being placed on your account  and debt collection agencies being employed.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

sirgader
4: Newbie

Actually, payment via link in the chat is more secure than over the phone. It will be processes like a normal online payment. The chat advisor will not have access to your card details (unlike when you are calling) so personally I would prefer to make a payment this way. Remember to only complete the payment through the secure link and do not mention the card number in the normal chat window. For further security, you may want to use disposable virtual card (e.g. as offered by Revolut) - the card number becomes invalid after one transaction so no-one is able to use it again.