Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to upgrade

TerenceWatts
4: Newbie

I'm trying to 'upgrade' to SIM only on three devices... but I keep on getting the message that the 'Account Owner' must sign in. But I AM the account owner,  so does anybody know how to get past this?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Andy

Hi @TerenceWatts I think we will need to take a look at your account to get to the bottom of this, if you could contact us by following the instructions here and we will be happy to check this out 😊

Thank you - but I managed to resolve the problem of upgrading via online chat. Today, though, when checking what was happening, I get the message that I don't have an account. Odd - I've been with Vodafone for more than 25 years. 

I'll check it agin later to see what's happening.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This is definitely one to get the Social Media team onto.   Once they have your details, they can go away and investigate and only need to come back once they have a solution.

Okay... it's now just saying tat my password is incorrect (though I know it's not) so I'll reset it and see how it goes. If necessary, I'll contact 'the team' - thank you :Smiling:

Terence

It's getting ridiculous. The temporary password didn't work, I requested a new one and got the message that my user name doesn't exist... do got on to the social media team where 'Lucy' asked for my details and told me they don't match what Vodafone have. Asked me to check and state again, which I did with a lot of other information only account holder would know (other 'phone numbers on the account, the order I placed yesterday and more) but thus far there has been no further response.

Don't know where to go from here - 'phone calls of longer than 30 seconds or so are out for me. Almost 80 year old ears and severe tinnitus makes longer calls acutely uncomfortable and difficult to understand.

Any ideas to move forward will be welcome!

It gets even better... the new SIM has arrived and the delivery note shows that my address had NOT been updates as was requested. The online team appear to bee ignoring me now so I have no idea how to proceed.

An update: The situation has been resolved via a lengthy 191 conversation with my wife, wherein it seems that the fault was with Vodafone not properly updating my address as requested yesterday.

Now sorted, thank goodness - though the online team are still steadfastly ignoring my messages.