Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Turkey will be removed from global roaming free zone

Fatihoz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

i sign the pay monthly contract with vodafone on 2nd of January because of the global roaming in Turkey.

i paid of my o2 contract and join the Vodafone.

now Vodafone removing Turkey. My two friends received text messages and it says you can end your contract with out any penalties.

we bought at the same time. They Vodafone tell me now you’re not able to cancel.

I really don’t understand that. They said the reason for our previous usage are different :Smiling: I already paid monthly what is the difference I used more or less???

i am going to cancel my direct debit from 10 may 2018. I will go even the court.

66 REPLIES 66

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Vodafone won't take you to court. They'll chase you for money and then cancel your contract and charge you the termination fee. Eventually they'll sell the debt to a debt collection agency who'll chase you. Of course your credit situation will be wrecked for years but that might not bother you. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jeffkinn

What makes you think that this was a Vodafone decision, or a Vodafone only decision? Given that none of the UK networks offer free roaming to Turkey I would think that is based on an inability to do business with local Turkish networks. Vodafone won't comment on this of course but I think there other issues to take into consideration.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Very strange dont you think as Vodafone already has a network in Turkey.

jeffkinn

Not really. All the Vodafone networks are entirely separate from one another and they have no connection other than the common brand name.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hey,

If Vodafone are texting individual customers to say they can leave without penalty then these customers will have clear billing history of regular roaming in Turkey so therefore it could be argued (quite rightly) that they will be at a disadvantage when the new prices take effect next month.

Whilst you say you took the contact with Vodafone for the same reason (free roaming in Turkey), your account doesn't sounds like you have been roaming regularly in Turkey since you signed up. So therefore you're not disadvantaged by the change. Obviously you are, as you'll pay when you do go rather than get it for free. But it's past rather than future usage that is used to identify customers who will clearly be affected by the change and therefore it becoming appropriate to offer them the ability to leave should they so wish.

It's worth adding though, no other UK network offers flat rate or free roaming in Turkey so depending on use, the £6 might still be the best option.

Getafix

What proof do you have that you bought the Tariff as it offered Free Roaming in Turkey?

Each and everyone of us could stand up and say that is the reason and would want to cancel their Contract. Whenever Vodafone makes any changes to T&Cs, they check your last 3 months History and calculate if the change would increase your monthly Bill by more £10 (could have changed) then they will send you a Text.
You will have 30 days to respond. If you don't then you are accepting the new T&Cs.

I have two friends same tarif same handsets. Also i used  25 in January days in Turkey. It should be a enough proof for it. My friends only been Turkey couple of days.

Cant believe Vodafone are still including Turkey as a roam free country on there website.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/vfcon079682.pdf