Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Turkey will be removed from global roaming free zone

Fatihoz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

i sign the pay monthly contract with vodafone on 2nd of January because of the global roaming in Turkey.

i paid of my o2 contract and join the Vodafone.

now Vodafone removing Turkey. My two friends received text messages and it says you can end your contract with out any penalties.

we bought at the same time. They Vodafone tell me now you’re not able to cancel.

I really don’t understand that. They said the reason for our previous usage are different :Smiling: I already paid monthly what is the difference I used more or less???

i am going to cancel my direct debit from 10 may 2018. I will go even the court.

66 REPLIES 66

Cant believe Vodafone are still including Turkey as a roam free country on there website.

That is completely misleading as they are taking Turkey of the roam free next month.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/webcontent/vfcon079682.pdf

Also if you like me are against this decision please make your voice heard here

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/660/003/676/vodafone-to-reinstate-turkey-on-roam-free-tariff/?...

hrym
17: Community Champion

If Turkey is being taken out of Roam Free next month, I assume it still falls into the category at the moment?  Therefore the information is correct at this point, isn't it?

Is it not misleading new customers.

chistery
16: Advanced member

It should at least have something saying it's included now but won't be for much longer.

Getafix

Is it possible that Networks in Turkey have decided to increase the price they Charge Vodafone for Roaming? I don't think Vodafone would just decide to remove the Free Roaming unless it has become unaffordable. So I would say you need to petition the Networks in Turkey as well.

I for one would like to know the reason behind there decision.

jeffkinn

Vodafone, in common with all large corporates, never comments on business decsisions. All we can do is speculate.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

There are several reports on Vodafone Uk facebook page with regards to re instating Turkey can anyone confirm this.

jeffkinn

Vodafone has confirmd it on Twitter. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Well what can I say.  That is great news. Was not expecting it. Just shows that things can be changed.

Have been with Vodafone for a year.Got 2 sims and will now get 2 more and broadband and home phone with them.

Well done Vodafone and keep up the good work and listening to customers.