Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Turkey will be removed from global roaming free zone

Fatihoz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

i sign the pay monthly contract with vodafone on 2nd of January because of the global roaming in Turkey.

i paid of my o2 contract and join the Vodafone.

now Vodafone removing Turkey. My two friends received text messages and it says you can end your contract with out any penalties.

we bought at the same time. They Vodafone tell me now you’re not able to cancel.

I really don’t understand that. They said the reason for our previous usage are different :Smiling: I already paid monthly what is the difference I used more or less???

i am going to cancel my direct debit from 10 may 2018. I will go even the court.

66 REPLIES 66

Hey, I was just about to cancel my contract with Vodafone today because of the roaming changes.They told me that they will not charge me any roaming while beeing in Turkey till end of October.Any one else got that offered? I  have requested a confirmation message but haven’t received anything yet.

I have just been told on a chat session with a Voda advisor that it is not true that the decision to exclude Turkey from the "Roam Free" service has been reversved.

I was told it was a scam and from the 10th of May Turkey will be included in "Roam-further" at £6 a day when used.

For those people told that they won't charged for using the service in Turkey until after October they told me that you will still be charged but then reimbursed once you get in touch with them....

What is going on.

Something this simple can still not be confirmed.

Is it roam free or roam further simple answer.

Why on Vodafone facebook page 3 different advisors have confirmed that its roam free.

But online & phone advisers are not aware.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

To clarify: 
We've decided to keep Turkey within our Roam-free proposition - our customers will continue to be able to use their allowance of data, minutes and texts whilst in Turkey at no additional charge.

This means that rather than moving to Roam-further on 10 May, Turkey will now remain as part of our Roam-free proposition with immediate effect!

You're able to view further information on our roaming here.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Thanks @Alex for the clarification

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@Alex Thank yolu!

Hi Alex, was just browsing roaming on the vodafone website and it continues to say from 6 may Turkey is moving to a different roaming category and will cost £6 a day.  Bit confusing what the actual official position is give we have 30 days from day of email to cancel contracts.  Can you confirm whether this is now off the table with no change for the foreseeable future?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to see there's been some confusion over this. From 6th May 2020 Turkey will be a roam further destination. If you travel there after this date, you’ll pay £6 a day to use your UK plan.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Does that also include the Unlimited Max plan? Or will Turkey be included in that plan?