Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Two phone numbers on one sim

richardibarnes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a Vodafone personal account and also an account I have through my employer and therefore two phones. Is there anyway of having two mobile numbers on one handset? I would like to be able to make and receive calls from both numbers dependant on the reason I am using the device.

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @richardibarnes

Unfortunately not.  Each SIM will have it's own identification number and allowance, there is also a business account and consumer account.

A workaround would be to place a divert on the consumer or business number, this will enable you to receive calls from the other number.

Thanks. I will look into the divert. Does diverting calls incurr additional charge? 

AnnS

Hi @richardibarnes

Providing you are within your allowance, there will be no extra charges for the divert.  You can find how to set up adivert from the link below.  You can also set up a divert from your online account and direct from the phone under call settings.

How do I manage my call diverts?

63johnw

Hi @richardibarnes I dont know if it is still the case but when I have tried this in the past the calls work but text messages didnt divert, may be worth checking/bearing in mind if you need that feature too.

ewanrw
11: Established
11: Established

Could always buy a dual SIM handset?

ewan

jeffkinn

There aren't too many phones like that and Vodafone itself doesn't supply any dual sim handsets but it is a potential but expensive solution.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Get a Dual SIM Phone.

Both Samsung Note 8 and S8+ you can get a dual SIM Version at no extra cost.

hrym

That is indeed the answer,  However, you'll need to buy the handset outright, so there will be a cost in doing that.   It would be there even if it was available as part of a package, but the cost would be spread over the life of the contract.

Buy a Oneplus phone, 2 sims and both are active at the same time.. You can make and receive calls / text and data using either sim.