Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

UNWANTED CALLS ON YOUR MOBILE

JamesL
4: Newbie

Has anyone on the vodafone community received unwanted calls on your mobile and if so how do you STOP them?

JamesL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Spam calls are a plague on all networks and landlines.   The numbers are usually spoofed, so the area code displayed isn't usually a guide to their origin.   I'm currently getting silent calls from a number beginning 020.  There's nothing you can do and, as the numbers often change subtly, blocking them is a game of whack-a-mole.  All you can do is ignore them or hang up immediately.   If they speak to you, give them the brush-off.   Once they've got the idea that you're not a worthwhile target, they'll eventually move onto someone else.

BTW, don't be too concerned that they appear to have your number - they usually dial numbers at random and have no idea who they're calling.  The only downside the answering is that you're comfirming that the line is a live one.  Sadly, you have to just in case it's a genuine call.  

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

63johnw

Hi @JamesL it can depend on the number, if it’s a mobile or normal number they can be added to a block number list that lots of phones have these days. 

Oh I see well all the unwanted calls I have received have all started 01 but because they are unwanted unasked for and unknown numbers to me I have just put my phone on silent and ignored them.

JamesL

63johnw

What phone do you have?

on iPhones if you open up your recent calls there is an i next to the numbers, tap on that and scroll down until you see a block number option

I can not do that because the phone I am using is not an iPhone but is the BlackBerry Z10 and although I could download an app from BlackBerry world from the reviews I have read about them they are no up to much.

JamesL

63johnw

Not used that phone and a quick google shows (as you say) you need 3rd party apps for that on your device. 

YES I know that but I doubt they would be of any use to me so it looks like the best option for me is to asign a ring tone for all the numbers that are in my contact list and are the numbers I know and then just keep the phone on silent profile which is what I have been doing it just means I will not know when witheld numbers come through which is the only problem.

JamesL

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesL I'm not sure whether this could be marketing calls from ourselves. We can take a look at your account and change your marketing preferences if you wish? If so, please send us your details via the private message I've sent you.

Adam thanks for you replying to my most recent post especially since I was not expecting it.

But I do not believe that it is marketing calls from vodafone because when they start it is every ten minutes over a four or five hour period Monday to Friday and the odd time I actually have answered one of them they just hang up and there is also nothing on the answer phone whenever I get one from them.

Now I could be wrong but this does not sound like marketing calls from vodafone but it does sound a lot like robo calls from scammers trying to get hold of my banking details which is why I make it a point not to answer calls from numbers I do not know.

JamesL

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesL We're happy to take a closer look into this for you and determine who exactly is calling you from the number in question. Please simply follow the steps @Adam included in a private message.