cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to cancel a SIM only and get a PAC code.

dee66
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi.

Am I missing something? I have an account with 3 SIM only numbers and my broadband. Apparently I can't use the text method as I have multiple numbers. I've followed the instructions on the FAQ to do it via my Vodafone account and just get a page telling me the contract end date (9.8.21) and £0 to end. I'd screen shot this but it has the number on it.

I started a web chat, 10 minutes to go through my security then a transfer to 60 in a queue. I got to 15 in the queue then I was cut off. Life's to short to start that again.

There's a big button to upgrade but no way to leave!

It's my sons number. 2 flagship phones over 4 years then a year of SIM only. Now he has his masters degree his first job and wants his own phone contract so I'm not likely to be persuaded to stay!

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hey there,

You should still be able to do it. 

- Click Settings (left hand side)

- On the right, you'll see plan settings (click view on your sons)

- Scroll down to 'switch to another network' 

- that brings up the page you're referring to above

- Don't click the top option (view my switching information) as you're right, it'll just show you £0 and when your contact ended

- Instead click the second option (switch my network)

- Take it from there

- It'll still bring up the £0 message and contact end date but you'll see a checkbox at the bottom saying 'PAC/STAC agreement'

- Tick that box and confirm and you'll be able to generate the code

As a side note, the only reason the text option doesn't work is so a sub account holder doesn't port out leaving the main account holder with 24 months worth of early termination fees. But as you're the account holder with access to My Vodafone, you'll be able to generate.  

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

donnyguy

Hey there,

You should still be able to do it. 

- Click Settings (left hand side)

- On the right, you'll see plan settings (click view on your sons)

- Scroll down to 'switch to another network' 

- that brings up the page you're referring to above

- Don't click the top option (view my switching information) as you're right, it'll just show you £0 and when your contact ended

- Instead click the second option (switch my network)

- Take it from there

- It'll still bring up the £0 message and contact end date but you'll see a checkbox at the bottom saying 'PAC/STAC agreement'

- Tick that box and confirm and you'll be able to generate the code

As a side note, the only reason the text option doesn't work is so a sub account holder doesn't port out leaving the main account holder with 24 months worth of early termination fees. But as you're the account holder with access to My Vodafone, you'll be able to generate.  

Thanks for the replies. I've sorted it now. 

The transfer option might be helpful when my other son finishes his Masters next year and I stop paying for his phone. 

Donnyguys instructions where more helpful than the Vodafone FAQ. Hopefully they'll improve the way My Vodafone is. I can't remember the last time I got stuck on a website.

I now have a 'sorry your leaving' email.

I'm still with Vodafone just one account with multiple contracts, which is fairly normal and what they'd like you'd imagine?