main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay monthly

Unable to connect my samsung watch active 2 to vodafone one numbet

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I activated my one number on the 2nd of October and I could see the qr code but could not get the watch to connect. 

Spoke to countless of technician and chat and one person said the eid is wrong that he will reset it since then am stuck in limbo. Click on one number in my account its says maximum device reached. 

I kept getting told the order is still open that is why its not working. Our order form was open story after story. Allow 24hours it will work

 This is becoming a pain no one knows what the truth is. I have been told as long as the watch allow for e-sim that Vodafone supports it. Now I am paying £7 extra for service I am not using. 

 

I think this is where me and vodafone part ways

View more options
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Not a good Experience at all @sassykb24 

 

I agree I wouldn't want to be paying for a service I'm not getting either. 

 

May I suggest you give the Vodafone Social Media Teams a go at helping you with this by checking your account and possibly going through some troubleshooting tips with you.

 

They are the teams that help here but when account access is required a person has to go through the correct channels as shown in 》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

 

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@sassykb24 wrote:

I activated my one number on the 2nd of October and I could see the qr code but could not get the watch to connect. 

Spoke to countless of technician and chat and one person said the eid is wrong that he will reset it since then am stuck in limbo. Click on one number in my account its says maximum device reached. 

I kept getting told the order is still open that is why its not working. Our order form was open story after story. Allow 24hours it will work

 This is becoming a pain no one knows what the truth is. I have been told as long as the watch allow for e-sim that Vodafone supports it. Now I am paying £7 extra for service I am not using. 

 

I think this is where me and vodafone part ways


 

I also have spent the last 10 days on the phone to them. I must have clocked up over 6-7 hours trying to rectify.

 

Vodafone just admitted to me on the phone that the Active2 4G (SM-R825F) is not supported.....

 

There is also a big thread on the Samsung site (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/How-to-connect-watch-active-2-to-4g/m-p/1336037/highli...) with Vodafone users not being able to get it working...Apparently one of the last messages today was a user saying that it's something Samsung and Vodafone will have fixed tomorrow.

It's very hard to get a straight answer, every person we speak to says something different.

 

Help VODAFONE!!!!!

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator

@Allawishous If you still need assistance with your Samsung Watch, please contact our team through the link provided by @BandOfBrothers and we'll get this connected to your number :Thumbs_Up:

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@Tash wrote:

@Allawishous If you still need assistance with your Samsung Watch, please contact our team through the link provided by @BandOfBrothers and we'll get this connected to your number :Thumbs_Up:


@Natasha

 

Thank you for replying. I purchased a 2nd watch to see if we could get it working. The prime team put me through to tech team this morning and they removed and setup a completely new number for this watch (onenumber) and they said it would connect at some point today. Still giving me the region error....

 

I will contact that team now as you have said. Samsung have told me that Vodafone must support the watch if it is supplied directly by Samsung so fingers crossed...

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I'm also having the same problem as @Allawishous

I have contacted Samsung who said to contact Vodafone to sort network issue. I'm set up with One Number and this was completed via live chat.  I've tried to go on live chat again but it's too busy.

Still stuck with a 4G watch that still states that mobile service isn't available in my region. Please, please help. This is really getting me down as I'm sure it is with others in the same situation 😣

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Am afraid no luck here. I had to cancelled the first subscription and setup everything myself using the onenumber website ans line was active within 2 hours. Still cannot linked my watch same region error.

 

This implies Vodafone server is somewhere and maybe date and time with our watch/phone does not match the server..

 

I hate having issues because I wont be able to rest till it is solve.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Ok people there is light at the end of the tunnel. Things are working for me. I had to put on my QA hat  to solve this. 

 

This is the solution for anyone having "mobile network isn't available in your region" issue

 

1. Make sure vodafone activate your one number and you can see the qr code on the website. Onenumber.vodafone.com  or just do it yourself. If your like me I had to get them to cancel my subscription then do it myself through the website

 

2. Borrow an iphone or if you have one great slot your sim card in restart it and make sure you can make calls and text

 

3. Download  the wearable app from appstore 

 

4. Pair your watch and follow the the setup instruction 

 

5. Test it out that every things works away from your phone

 

6.  Unpair the watch and select to forget the bluetooth 

 

7. Reset the watch  and it will completely die so you have to force reboot by pressing for a long time on the power button and let go it will come one

 It will ask you to select vodafone network so select contract if your on your contract 

 

8. Pair the watch to your android phone and follow instruction. You will still get the region error just skip the screen and complete setup.

 

9. After a few minutes 2 or 5 select mobile data on the wearable app you will see vodafone

 

Your watch will initial show connected via bluetooth. Go to connections on the watch and select networks and choose always on and make sure mobile data is on.

 

Disconnect bluetooth and it will pick vodafone and just work.

 

Goodluck and I hope it works for everyone. It seems Vodafone and samsung has compatibility issue

 

Your welcome Vodafone 

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

@sassykb24 wrote:

Ok people there is light at the end of the tunnel. Things are working for me. I had to put on my QA hat  to solve this. 

 

This is the solution for anyone having "mobile network isn't available in your region" issue

 

1. Make sure vodafone activate your one number and you can see the qr code on the website. Onenumber.vodafone.com  or just do it yourself. If your like me I had to get them to cancel my subscription then do it myself through the website

 

2. Borrow an iphone or if you have one great slot your sim card in restart it and make sure you can make calls and text

 

3. Download  the wearable app from appstore 

 

4. Pair your watch and follow the the setup instruction 

 

5. Test it out that every things works away from your phone

 

6.  Unpair the watch and select to forget the bluetooth 

 

7. Reset the watch  and it will completely die so you have to force reboot by pressing for a long time on the power button and let go it will come one

 It will ask you to select vodafone network so select contract if your on your contract 

 

8. Pair the watch to your android phone and follow instruction. You will still get the region error just skip the screen and complete setup.

 

9. After a few minutes 2 or 5 select mobile data on the wearable app you will see vodafone

 

Your watch will initial show connected via bluetooth. Go to connections on the watch and select networks and choose always on and make sure mobile data is on.

 

Disconnect bluetooth and it will pick vodafone and just work.

 

Goodluck and I hope it works for everyone. It seems Vodafone and samsung has compatibility issue

 

Your welcome Vodafone 


 

You are amazing!!!!

 

I can confirm this works. I borrowed my sisters iPhone SE and followed your instructions. Now working on 4g connected to my Samsung S10+ !

 

 

Quite incredible Samsung and Vodafone could not help with this.

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator

@Elliebopper If you're still having issues please reach out to our team through the channels provided above. We'll be happy to help with your Watch connection.
Thanks for sharing your workaround with us @sassykb24 and I'm glad to hear you've now got yours and @Allawishous' Samsung Watches connected!

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

I have tried the solution you have suggested - however without any luck. I have scanned the QR of my e-SIM. Unfortunately, there is an error saying that the subscription could not have been added. I hope Samsung will soon sort it out. I can't actually believe that issue is on Vodafone's side - eSIM is an eSIM and I don't think Vodafone is to blame. Especially, when older Galaxy Watches work just fine.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

@sirgader The subscription cannot be added  seems like a Vodafone issue. Check that your esim  number is correct and that the number being shown is your Vodafone number. I had to cancelled the whole one number plan and add it myself because it was showing a different number to my Vodafone number when it was done by vodafone.  If you can login successfully why not add a new subscription yourself and cancel the old one then try again. 

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi @sassykb24

 

Thanks for this info. Do you mean situation like this on the screenshot, where OneNumber is listed separate to the primary line?Primary line on the left, OneNumber on the right.Primary line on the left, OneNumber on the right.

Thanks!

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Yes. I had that and unless u cancelled it and add it yourself it will never resolve it.


@sirgader wrote:

Hi @sassykb24

 

Thanks for this info. Do you mean situation like this on the screenshot, where OneNumber is listed separate to the primary line?Primary line on the left, OneNumber on the right.Primary line on the left, OneNumber on the right.

Thanks!


 

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Thank you. Did you manage to maintain the same price of the subscription? I am paying £5 but now it seems the price went up to £7.

 

Thanks again!

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

@sirgader wrote:

Thank you. Did you manage to maintain the same price of the subscription? I am paying £5 but now it seems the price went up to £7.

 

Thanks again!


£7 is what am paying now rather than £7.50 that they charged me already. She said the new price is not £7.50 which is ridiculous consider you are using the same plan as the main number. This service should be free in my opinion 

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

As of today, this is now working on vodafone UK. I am able to connect to vodafone via the wearable app and set up the onenumber service (at £7pcm). My watch will now send and receive calls independently of my phone.

View more options