Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to connect my samsung watch active 2 to vodafone one numbet

sassykb24
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I activated my one number on the 2nd of October and I could see the qr code but could not get the watch to connect. 

Spoke to countless of technician and chat and one person said the eid is wrong that he will reset it since then am stuck in limbo. Click on one number in my account its says maximum device reached. 

I kept getting told the order is still open that is why its not working. Our order form was open story after story. Allow 24hours it will work

This is becoming a pain no one knows what the truth is. I have been told as long as the watch allow for e-sim that Vodafone supports it. Now I am paying £7 extra for service I am not using. 

I think this is where me and vodafone part ways

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Not a good Experience at all @sassykb24 

I agree I wouldn't want to be paying for a service I'm not getting either. 

May I suggest you give the Vodafone Social Media Teams a go at helping you with this by checking your account and possibly going through some troubleshooting tips with you.

They are the teams that help here but when account access is required a person has to go through the correct channels as shown in 》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Allawishous
4: Newbie

@sassykb24 wrote:

I activated my one number on the 2nd of October and I could see the qr code but could not get the watch to connect. 

Spoke to countless of technician and chat and one person said the eid is wrong that he will reset it since then am stuck in limbo. Click on one number in my account its says maximum device reached. 

I kept getting told the order is still open that is why its not working. Our order form was open story after story. Allow 24hours it will work

This is becoming a pain no one knows what the truth is. I have been told as long as the watch allow for e-sim that Vodafone supports it. Now I am paying £7 extra for service I am not using. 

I think this is where me and vodafone part ways

I also have spent the last 10 days on the phone to them. I must have clocked up over 6-7 hours trying to rectify.

Vodafone just admitted to me on the phone that the Active2 4G (SM-R825F) is not supported.....

There is also a big thread on the Samsung site (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/How-to-connect-watch-active-2-to-4g/m-p/1336037/highli...) with Vodafone users not being able to get it working...Apparently one of the last messages today was a user saying that it's something Samsung and Vodafone will have fixed tomorrow.

It's very hard to get a straight answer, every person we speak to says something different.

Help VODAFONE!!!!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Allawishous If you still need assistance with your Samsung Watch, please contact our team through the link provided by @BandOfBrothers and we'll get this connected to your number :Thumbs_Up:

@Tash wrote:

@Allawishous If you still need assistance with your Samsung Watch, please contact our team through the link provided by @BandOfBrothers and we'll get this connected to your number :Thumbs_Up:

@Natasha

Thank you for replying. I purchased a 2nd watch to see if we could get it working. The prime team put me through to tech team this morning and they removed and setup a completely new number for this watch (onenumber) and they said it would connect at some point today. Still giving me the region error....

I will contact that team now as you have said. Samsung have told me that Vodafone must support the watch if it is supplied directly by Samsung so fingers crossed...

I'm also having the same problem as @Allawishous

I have contacted Samsung who said to contact Vodafone to sort network issue. I'm set up with One Number and this was completed via live chat.  I've tried to go on live chat again but it's too busy.

Still stuck with a 4G watch that still states that mobile service isn't available in my region. Please, please help. This is really getting me down as I'm sure it is with others in the same situation 😣

Am afraid no luck here. I had to cancelled the first subscription and setup everything myself using the onenumber website ans line was active within 2 hours. Still cannot linked my watch same region error.

This implies Vodafone server is somewhere and maybe date and time with our watch/phone does not match the server..

I hate having issues because I wont be able to rest till it is solve.

Ok people there is light at the end of the tunnel. Things are working for me. I had to put on my QA hat  to solve this. 

This is the solution for anyone having "mobile network isn't available in your region" issue

1. Make sure vodafone activate your one number and you can see the qr code on the website. Onenumber.vodafone.com  or just do it yourself. If your like me I had to get them to cancel my subscription then do it myself through the website

2. Borrow an iphone or if you have one great slot your sim card in restart it and make sure you can make calls and text

3. Download  the wearable app from appstore 

4. Pair your watch and follow the the setup instruction 

5. Test it out that every things works away from your phone

6.  Unpair the watch and select to forget the bluetooth 

7. Reset the watch  and it will completely die so you have to force reboot by pressing for a long time on the power button and let go it will come one

It will ask you to select vodafone network so select contract if your on your contract 

8. Pair the watch to your android phone and follow instruction. You will still get the region error just skip the screen and complete setup.

9. After a few minutes 2 or 5 select mobile data on the wearable app you will see vodafone

Your watch will initial show connected via bluetooth. Go to connections on the watch and select networks and choose always on and make sure mobile data is on.

Disconnect bluetooth and it will pick vodafone and just work.

Goodluck and I hope it works for everyone. It seems Vodafone and samsung has compatibility issue

Your welcome Vodafone 

@sassykb24 wrote:

Ok people there is light at the end of the tunnel. Things are working for me. I had to put on my QA hat  to solve this. 

This is the solution for anyone having "mobile network isn't available in your region" issue

1. Make sure vodafone activate your one number and you can see the qr code on the website. Onenumber.vodafone.com  or just do it yourself. If your like me I had to get them to cancel my subscription then do it myself through the website

2. Borrow an iphone or if you have one great slot your sim card in restart it and make sure you can make calls and text

3. Download  the wearable app from appstore 

4. Pair your watch and follow the the setup instruction 

5. Test it out that every things works away from your phone

6.  Unpair the watch and select to forget the bluetooth 

7. Reset the watch  and it will completely die so you have to force reboot by pressing for a long time on the power button and let go it will come one

It will ask you to select vodafone network so select contract if your on your contract 

8. Pair the watch to your android phone and follow instruction. You will still get the region error just skip the screen and complete setup.

9. After a few minutes 2 or 5 select mobile data on the wearable app you will see vodafone

Your watch will initial show connected via bluetooth. Go to connections on the watch and select networks and choose always on and make sure mobile data is on.

Disconnect bluetooth and it will pick vodafone and just work.

Goodluck and I hope it works for everyone. It seems Vodafone and samsung has compatibility issue

Your welcome Vodafone 

You are amazing!!!!

I can confirm this works. I borrowed my sisters iPhone SE and followed your instructions. Now working on 4g connected to my Samsung S10+ !

Quite incredible Samsung and Vodafone could not help with this.

I have tried the solution you have suggested - however without any luck. I have scanned the QR of my e-SIM. Unfortunately, there is an error saying that the subscription could not have been added. I hope Samsung will soon sort it out. I can't actually believe that issue is on Vodafone's side - eSIM is an eSIM and I don't think Vodafone is to blame. Especially, when older Galaxy Watches work just fine.