cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to contact EE users. Number port gone wrong?

LS_8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had this frustrating problem ever since I ported my number to Vodafone, probably several years but I can't live with it anymore 😩

I ported my number from EE(plusnet) to Vodafone, however ever since this occurred I have been unable to contact family and friends who are on the EE network.  Whether it be voice or txt it just doesn't work.  EE had suggested that may be it was a split port and incorrectly ported by Vodafone.  Has anyone else experienced this or know a remedy?

TOBi is of little use.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

It's ultimately the responsibility of the gaining provider (so in your case Vodafone) to resolve any split port related issues.

There are back office teams who deal with this issue specifically so would recommend asking someone to log this.

Alternatively, raise a case via www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints and they'll get a case handler assigned to deal. 

What happens to your incoming calls? Can people from EE call you and get through? 

Thank you for the reply, I'll see if I can raise this with a support team.

EE users are unable to call or text me, my number is just unattainable to them.

Thanks

donnyguy

I'm glad that was your answer as it proves it's a split port. 

Only reason I'm suggesting go down the case management route is that you raising it after this amount of time may make front line customer care send you down a different route.

Be clear it's split port and only affecting traffic to/from EE. 

Good luck 🙂 

Thanks for your ongoing help. I had a brief chat with basic customer service. They got me to disconnect from the network and try connecting to alternative provider, before then reconnecting to Vodafone. I do now appear to be able to text sms and voice calls to ee users however they are still unable to call or text me. Is this still likely to be a split port issue. The customer support advisor was quite dismissive saying if ee users can't contact you then it's their problem or an ee problem to resolve. As suggested I think I'll have to escalate this to a specific team or complaint.

Thanks again. 

donnyguy

I'd definitely say yes, a split port. 

I'd go down the complaints route as you're not getting great customer service here!