main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay monthly

Unable to receive SMS when abroad (Monthly Contract)

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

I am currently abroad in the EU for an undefined period of time due to the current Covid19 crisis.

My current contract is Unlimited Data Max since October/November (can't exactly remember).

Before that, I used to receive SMS for Multi-Factor Authentication with no problem, even when abroad with no data on.

After I switched to the Unlimited Data Max plan, I am unable to receive SMS whilst being abroad, whether in the EU, Asia or US. 

I have checked my APN settings, and I set them up according to this: Vodafone Guide 

Additionally, I am unable to use the chat as it says "Loading, please wait" indefinitely 

Sincerely,

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Addendum: I am also able to make phone calls whilst being abroad, to the UK and to French numbers, but I can't receive SMS texts

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @victornoctex 

I am wondering if this is anything to do with roaming for an extended period.

The best way to get this solved and to provide the necessary account access is to follow this link and let the Social Media Team help:  Contact Us 

View more options