Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to resolve Billing Query

GeoffAllen65
3: Seeker

Hi there,

I took out a Pay Monthly contract with you in October last year and agreed a rate of £17 per month, with the first two months free.  I have chat transcripts as evidence of this.

when I noticed that VF were planning on billing me for the first two months in the first billing cycle, I contacted them via chat and VF arranged for a suitable credit to be applied to my account.

Now that the 12 month contract is complete, I should have been debited a total of 10 x £17 plus any contractual RPI increase in April.  I believe that this totals £173.66.  If I add to this any picture messages outside of contract (£1.10) and extra calls (£0.60), I believe that the total I should have paid is £175.36.  The total amount debited by Direct Debit is £221.44 - the difference being £46.08.  I was also charged for Securenet, even though I stated that this was not required and should be removed.

I have contacted Customer Services on a number of occasions both viia chat and phone and have been assured that "the numbers are correct" but VF are clearly charing me more than what was agreed at the start of my contract.  I have tried to esacalate this issue and have been promised that "I would be contacted within 24-48 hours" and this again has not happened.

Can someone please review my bills and arrange for appropriate refund to be issued as a matter of urgency.

Please note that this query does not cover the refund for the period 4/11/2018 to 23/11/2018 which I know will be dealt with via your billing systems.

VF Jo Billing.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Getafix
16: Advanced member

I was looking for the Breakdown page similar to the one you posted for Sep 18.
That gives you breakdown of the Line Rental and Discounts.

As it is showing £21.60 , I am going to assume it is £21 (£0.60 OOB usage) for Line Rental which is 40% discount over £35.

And RPI took it to £37.30 less 40% giving you £22.38 + £1 for Securenet = £23.38

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

GeoffAllen65

GeoffAllen65

Getafix

First, Delete the attachment and paste it again removing your Account no.

You need to check the Individual Bill for Break Down to see what you have been charged for, especially where you say Line Rental is £17 but you have been billed £23.38.

I would suggest you post a copy of your Sep18 bill, but make sure you remove all personal data.

Someone or I can help you work it out.

Account number removed.

Sep 18 Bill

Original order

Getafix

Your Bill looks fine with a 40% discount, which seems to be in line what Vodafone do offer.

£17 for a £35 tariff, I have not seen before as more than 50%.

Looks like something changed in April which changed the discount to 40%
Will have to wait for  Forum team to check this.

Meanwhile please paste a copy of Bill for Dec 17 as that shows the £17 billing. There might be some details in there related to the Discount.

Did you get an email with the Details of your Contract.

Thanks again for responding so quickly.  Your help is much appreciated.

Jan 18 bill attached.

I was offered this deal when I initially contacted VF to request a PAC code, having been with VF for the previous 2 years on 2 contracts.  My daughter was offered exactly the same new £17 contract on the same terms at this time.

The only 'email' confirmation I have is of the original VF chat transcript, in which I typed 'AGREE' to the terms offered, which were £17  a month fixed for 12 months with 2 months free, with the Entertainment package as part of the deal.

I can appreciate this is heavily discounted, but many mobile phone contracts are heavily discounted.

As far as I am concerned, the calculations on the sheet provided are correct.  They take into account the £17 initial contract, with two months free and include the RPI/CPI increase, along with picture messages and calls that are outside of contract.

If a VF rep has simply exceeded the maximum discount that it can offer to a client in order to retain my business, this is an issue for VF rather than me.

It looks to me like VF are using £20+ as an initial 'base' price (rather than the £17) and have then have applied a raft of other charges to this rate, along with random Spotify charges (although part of the package) and charges for SecureNet (which I asked to be removed). 

Jan 18.PNG

Think you've sussed part of your issue which is RPI etc is applied to your standard tariff pre-discount.

ewan