Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to set a vodafone pin for voicemail

isdoo
9: Established

I am now on my 16th chat with vodafone since starting my contract!

My latest problem is the vodafone voicemail simply bombs out when trying to set a pin - just says thank you for calling goodbye.

I have had my voicemail reset and re-enabled but still have the same issue.  A second tech has just disabled voicemail and now left it off as they can't find a solution. 

What can I do to avoid issues when I go abroad? 

Thanks!

49 REPLIES 49

hrym
17: Community Champion

That's an odd one.   It's certainly something the forum team can look into for you, so hang on for them to pick up the thread.   I know you've spoken to tech help, but the forum people can do some research offline and get back to you when (hopefully) they have an answer.   Have you by any chance ported your number in?   I'm just wondering whether that could have something to do with it, if you have.

isdoo

Thanks!

I did port my number and this was completed a couple of days ago. 

Everything else is working fine with voicemail.  

hrym

It's possible this is what's causing the problem.   If the port hasn't completed fully, you may find that you can set a PIN in a few days.  If part of the process has been corrupted, that's what may need the intervention.

Give it up to a week (from the porting date) and, if it's still not working, drop a note back here and the forum team will be able to pick this up.

isdoo

Still unable to set a pin.

As a result I was unable to use voicemail whilst away this weekend. 

Not good :Sad_face: 

hrym

If you're calling voicemail from your own phone, you shouldn't need a PIN unless you're abroad.  Assuming something drastic hasn't been done to disable it, turning voicemail back on should just be a matter of dialling 1211.   If that works, see if you can now set a PIN.

If not, drop a note back here and the forum team will be able to pick this up.

isdoo

As per earlier posts. 

I need to set it up for going abroad.

I have had various chats with support, who have tried resetting the voicemail twice and then said it had not completed fully etc. 

As soon as I go into the security section, I am thanked for calling and the vocie says goodbye!!

My order is after dialling 121

4  mailbox settings

2  for mailbox security 

'You currently have standard security selected'

2 to change secrurity code

Then I am told 'Thank you for calling , Goodye'.

The system then hangs up!

hrym

This sounds like a porting issue.   Hang on for the forum team.  They'll be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

isdoo

Been 4 weeks, so I would have thought that it would have settled down by now.

I'll wait.......  :Smiling:

hrym

No, if it's been this long, this isn't something that will fix itself.   The team are aware of the issue and will get back to you.

At this stage, I'd leave it to them.   I very much doubt there's anything you can do and flailing about, although sometimes worthwhile, will probably just lead to further frustration.