Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to set a vodafone pin for voicemail

isdoo
9: Established

I am now on my 16th chat with vodafone since starting my contract!

My latest problem is the vodafone voicemail simply bombs out when trying to set a pin - just says thank you for calling goodbye.

I have had my voicemail reset and re-enabled but still have the same issue.  A second tech has just disabled voicemail and now left it off as they can't find a solution. 

What can I do to avoid issues when I go abroad? 

Thanks!

49 REPLIES 49

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I imagine that the "self-help" options have already been tried by the tech section. However, one worth trying is to 

start by dialling ##002# [CALL] into your phone.

You should see an onscreen message stating that call forwarding has been switched off.

Leave it a couple of hours, then dial 1210, and listen to the prerecorded message. When the call finishes, redial 1211 and with a bit of luck you should find that your Voicemail is working normally.

An odd problem I've seen a while back has been having wifi calling activated on accounts that don’t have a Vodafone-supplied compatible phone. That was apparently blocking voicemail from working entirely, but this could be a reduced version of the same issue. If you have wifi calling and you brought your phone with you when you ported, it might be worth asking CS to try turning off wifi calling on your account, and see if that helps.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@isdoo I'm sorry to hear you're having problems setting up your voicemail. I understand how important this is, particularly when you're going abroad and we'll be happy to help 😊 
We'll need to access your account to take a closer look into what may be causing this. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

isdoo

Thanks.

Form filled in, but got no confirmation, just resent to the home page. 

Hopefully it went!

HTG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This is EXACTLY the problem I have. Support first deleted my entire voicemail then rebuilt it. It still doesn't work. A second call says dial 1211 then wait 24hrs. From what has happened to you, I'm pretty confident this won't work. This is a big deal for me – I will need access to voicemail when I travel. It's my first experience of Vodafone, and thus far, it's rubbish. A system that doesn't work and a support network that can't fix it. Not a good experience.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

When you completed the form @isdoo, we'll have sent you out a confirmation email to let you know we've received your query. Please check to see if you've got this; make sure to look in your junk/spam folder too, in case it's been moved to there. 

@HTG Please let us know if you manage to get your voicemail PIN set up before you travel. If you're still having any problems, get back to us and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

isdoo

Hi,

Nothing received. I run my own mail server, so nothing in junk etc.

The page didn't even say thanks for submitting etc.

it simply went straight to the vodafone home page.

@TJ

@TJ wrote:

When you completed the form @isdoo, we'll have sent you out a confirmation email to let you know we've received your query. Please check to see if you've got this; make sure to look in your junk/spam folder too, in case it's been moved to there. 

@HTG Please let us know if you manage to get your voicemail PIN set up before you travel. If you're still having any problems, get back to us and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

Well, I had a third try – second phone call after a web chat. It has been "escalated", but not fixed. At all. Still frustrated. Still underwhelmed.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@HTGif you've also ported in, I suspect this may be a porting issue, and that's the team that needs to look at it, rather then the voicemail one.  It might be worth mentioning that, to get the issue pushed in the right direction.

Thanks for the advice. Obviously, it's still not fixed. I'm planning to chase this later on, and I'll mention porting when I do. Oh what a lovely prospect.

isdoo

I have now filled in the form three times. Twice on Chrome and once on Firefox and I have received zero confirmations via email.

When I complete the form on either browser I am taken straight to the home page of vodafone.co.uk  with no thank you screen or suchlike. 

Please could someone advise as to what is going wrong! Thanks :Smiling: