Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to set a vodafone pin for voicemail

isdoo
9: Established

I am now on my 16th chat with vodafone since starting my contract!

My latest problem is the vodafone voicemail simply bombs out when trying to set a pin - just says thank you for calling goodbye.

I have had my voicemail reset and re-enabled but still have the same issue.  A second tech has just disabled voicemail and now left it off as they can't find a solution. 

What can I do to avoid issues when I go abroad? 

Thanks!

49 REPLIES 49

isdoo

@Colleen wrote:

@isdoo I'm really sorry to see you're still having problems contacting us. If you've tried multiple devices and web browsers, it may be best to try an alternative email address, if you do have one. We're not aware of users who have their own domain having issues but it's something to try, to rule it out.
I've sent you a new private message with details on how to get in touch. Please let us know how you get on 😊 

I did finally manage it with a gmail account. 

Your system does not give any clues as to the 'invalid' email address. 

So am awaiting a response. 

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I'm glad you've finally managed to submit your problem!

There's still one possible minor hurdle - as you've presumably used an email address other than the one registered to your forum account, Colleen and her colleagues may have problems identifying your message. I'd suggest posting on this thread the reference number from the automated email response, so that they can find it quickly.

isdoo

@ToniCa wrote:

I'm glad you've finally managed to submit your problem!

There's still one possible minor hurdle - as you've presumably used an email address other than the one registered to your forum account, Colleen and her colleagues may have problems identifying your message. I'd suggest posting on this thread the reference number from the automated email response, so that they can find it quickly.

If Vodafone had sent me one I would!  Nothing in my gmail account, even under spam!!  So I have a suspicion that I will never be able to use voicemail from abroad!  :Sad_face:

ToniCa

Words fail me, other than to explain that the distant thudding you can hear is my head against the nearest wall. 

Yep. Same here. If it's not fixed by the end of this week, my plan is to leave Vodafone promptly ( and I've only just joined) and go back to Three. While there probably are some advantages to being with Vodafone, I can't be in a position where I don't get voicemail while travelling.

ToniCa

Having recovered the power of speech, a couple of emergency options have occurred to me, which might tide you over, though both depend on how badly affected your account is by the apparent split port.

One option might be to set up an Extended Absence Greeting, so that callers hear a message from you but can't leave a message themselves - https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Voicemail-Temporary-Greeting-and-Extended-Absence-Greeti...

The other option might be to set up a PAYG account (on any network that provides for PAYG roaming), divert your calls to that number, and pick up your voicemail from that account. Call diversion should be available within your online account, and (on the showing of my PAYG account) should include options for diversion to another number when no signal, busy, and/or no reply. If your contract doesn't include unlimited calls, this could incur some OOB charges for the diverted leg, but might be preferable to not getting to hear your voicemail until you get home.

But, truly, other customers coming up with off-the-wall solutions like the above, really shouldn't be the way you have to go.

isdoo

As I will be in Dubai paying £6 a day for phone / internet I can't really set up another PAYG phone, but appreciate the reply. 

Ironic that I will be paying £120 in additional costs, but without voicemail. 

Not good :Sad_face: 

Yep. I can make emergency plans like that myself. But life travelling for work is very hard as it is, and I can't risk missing calls along the way. Not happening. Either Vodaphone fix it, or I'm gone. It has to be that way. You have to fix it.

While I'm on the subject, I was told to expect a call on Friday from a technician trying to work on it. Didn't happen. You can't even live up to personal, explicit, clear promises, never mind the generic promise of voicemail that works. I wish that Vodafone would realise that when it is in the bottom of a deep hole, it should stop digging.

Well, shock horror, it seems to be fixed now. Too long, too uncertain and not enought feedback along the way, but it does seem to be fixed. Strange coincidence – I had organised that if it weren't fixed by today they would call me to organise a PAC code so I could leave Vodafone (after just 2 weeks), and miraculously it's fixed. Obviously there's no causal relationship. It's just coincidence. But a strange one…

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I still suspect an incomplete port. Glad to hear you're sorted, though.