Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to set a vodafone pin for voicemail

isdoo
9: Established

I am now on my 16th chat with vodafone since starting my contract!

My latest problem is the vodafone voicemail simply bombs out when trying to set a pin - just says thank you for calling goodbye.

I have had my voicemail reset and re-enabled but still have the same issue.  A second tech has just disabled voicemail and now left it off as they can't find a solution. 

What can I do to avoid issues when I go abroad? 

Thanks!

49 REPLIES 49

I understand that "incomplete port" has been blamed as a cause for this, but I'm stuck for seeing why. When I ring my voicemail, a computer answers and knows my CLID, which then it runs a program where the CLID lets it choose records from a database of messages. I'm assuming. I don't understand how an incomplete port can affect that. I would have assumed that the voicemail program is just plain buggy.  Can you explain what it is I'm missing? I did once look into 4G and 5G backbone management software, but this is far from my area of expertise.

hrym
17: Community Champion

When you port your number, the outgoing network supplies a number of files to the new one.   If any of these is missing, incomplete or corrupted, the relevant service can be affected, often in quite bizarre ways.   I've seen similar things happen, which is why I was keen for the porting, rather than normal tech team, to be the ones looking at this.

If I was right, this is what's happened.   If not, well, it's fixed anyway.

I have exactly the same problem. I have ported the number from another supplier (I was originally with Vodafone on a different contract but they couldn't port the nember internally apparently so I hade to go to different contract with a Pay As You Go provider, port the number over to them then get a PAC code & port the number back to Vodafone, quite a faff that takes almost a week to complete) now I can't set a pin for my voicemail, it just hangs up every time I choose the option to enter a pin code. I'd have thought they'd have fixed this error by now.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lpagross I'm sorry to hear you've had this experience porting your number over to us on a new contract, I understand how time consuming and frustrating this must have been. 
It's disappointing that you're now having difficulty setting up a PIN for your voicemail. Is this happening when you're calling 121 from your Vodafone mobile and choosing Option 4 then Option 2?

This happens when I choose option 4 then option 2, at which point it hung up. I have contacted customer support who tried several times to help, saying I would receive a text message, which I never received. At this stage I can't activate voicemail on my phone at all.  When I choose option 1 "If you require connection to the Vodafone Voicemail service" it simpy says "Thank you, it has not been possible to connect you to the Vodafone Voicemail service." It's so furtstating because customer service say one thing but I experience another.

Sadly, this is the same miserable experience as I (and others) had. Given that there are clues to possible solutions in this thread, I recommend making sure that you tell them things you've read on their forum that have helped others with the same problem. It is apparently too much to be able to expect them to know their own job. 

On the upside, once fixed, mine has been fine ever since.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

So one of the team can take a closer look into the problems you're having with your voicemail @lpagross, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

This happens when I choose option 4 then option 2, at which point it hung up. I can't activate voicemail on my phone at all. I've ported number from EE to Vodafone. Help?!?!

isdoo
9: Established

@Colleen wrote:

@isdoo I'm really sorry to see you're still having problems contacting us. If you've tried multiple devices and web browsers, it may be best to try an alternative email address, if you do have one. We're not aware of users who have their own domain having issues but it's something to try, to rule it out.
I've sent you a new private message with details on how to get in touch. Please let us know how you get on 😊 

Finally got a reply - #19773297 - I replied with the security code number and have not heard back.

Hopefully someone will be abel to help me soon. 

hrym

Now that you're in contact, things will be happening.   Replies aren't immediate as the team have quite a queue and deal with everything in order.   It may well be that they have enough information to get onto the main issue and that, when they do get back to you, the answer will be that it's fixed.