main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Unable to set a vodafone pin for voicemail

9: Established

I am now on my 16th chat with vodafone since starting my contract!

My latest problem is the vodafone voicemail simply bombs out when trying to set a pin - just says thank you for calling goodbye.

I have had my voicemail reset and re-enabled but still have the same issue.  A second tech has just disabled voicemail and now left it off as they can't find a solution. 

What can I do to avoid issues when I go abroad? 

Thanks!

View more options
49 REPLIES 49
17: Community Champion

That's an odd one.   It's certainly something the forum team can look into for you, so hang on for them to pick up the thread.   I know you've spoken to tech help, but the forum people can do some research offline and get back to you when (hopefully) they have an answer.   Have you by any chance ported your number in?   I'm just wondering whether that could have something to do with it, if you have.

View more options

Thanks!

I did port my number and this was completed a couple of days ago. 

Everything else is working fine with voicemail.  

View more options

It's possible this is what's causing the problem.   If the port hasn't completed fully, you may find that you can set a PIN in a few days.  If part of the process has been corrupted, that's what may need the intervention.

Give it up to a week (from the porting date) and, if it's still not working, drop a note back here and the forum team will be able to pick this up.

View more options

Still unable to set a pin.

As a result I was unable to use voicemail whilst away this weekend. 

Not good  

View more options

If you're calling voicemail from your own phone, you shouldn't need a PIN unless you're abroad.  Assuming something drastic hasn't been done to disable it, turning voicemail back on should just be a matter of dialling 1211.   If that works, see if you can now set a PIN.

If not, drop a note back here and the forum team will be able to pick this up.

View more options

As per earlier posts. 

I need to set it up for going abroad.

I have had various chats with support, who have tried resetting the voicemail twice and then said it had not completed fully etc. 

As soon as I go into the security section, I am thanked for calling and the vocie says goodbye!!

My order is after dialling 121

4  mailbox settings

2  for mailbox security 

'You currently have standard security selected'

2 to change secrurity code

Then I am told 'Thank you for calling , Goodye'.

The system then hangs up!

View more options

This sounds like a porting issue.   Hang on for the forum team.  They'll be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

View more options

Been 4 weeks, so I would have thought that it would have settled down by now.

I'll wait....... 

View more options
13: Advanced Member

I imagine that the "self-help" options have already been tried by the tech section. However, one worth trying is to 

start by dialling ##002# [CALL] into your phone.

You should see an onscreen message stating that call forwarding has been switched off.

Leave it a couple of hours, then dial 1210, and listen to the prerecorded message. When the call finishes, redial 1211 and with a bit of luck you should find that your Voicemail is working normally.

An odd problem I've seen a while back has been having wifi calling activated on accounts that don’t have a Vodafone-supplied compatible phone. That was apparently blocking voicemail from working entirely, but this could be a reduced version of the same issue. If you have wifi calling and you brought your phone with you when you ported, it might be worth asking CS to try turning off wifi calling on your account, and see if that helps.

View more options

No, if it's been this long, this isn't something that will fix itself.   The team are aware of the issue and will get back to you.

At this stage, I'd leave it to them.   I very much doubt there's anything you can do and flailing about, although sometimes worthwhile, will probably just lead to further frustration.

View more options

@isdoo I'm sorry to hear you're having problems setting up your voicemail. I understand how important this is, particularly when you're going abroad and we'll be happy to help 😊 
We'll need to access your account to take a closer look into what may be causing this. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View more options

Thanks.

Form filled in, but got no confirmation, just resent to the home page. 

Hopefully it went!

View more options
HTG 2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This is EXACTLY the problem I have. Support first deleted my entire voicemail then rebuilt it. It still doesn't work. A second call says dial 1211 then wait 24hrs. From what has happened to you, I'm pretty confident this won't work. This is a big deal for me – I will need access to voicemail when I travel. It's my first experience of Vodafone, and thus far, it's rubbish. A system that doesn't work and a support network that can't fix it. Not a good experience.

View more options

When you completed the form @isdoo, we'll have sent you out a confirmation email to let you know we've received your query. Please check to see if you've got this; make sure to look in your junk/spam folder too, in case it's been moved to there. 

@HTG Please let us know if you manage to get your voicemail PIN set up before you travel. If you're still having any problems, get back to us and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

View more options

Hi,

Nothing received. I run my own mail server, so nothing in junk etc.

The page didn't even say thanks for submitting etc.

it simply went straight to the vodafone home page.

@TJ

@TJ wrote:

When you completed the form @isdoo, we'll have sent you out a confirmation email to let you know we've received your query. Please check to see if you've got this; make sure to look in your junk/spam folder too, in case it's been moved to there. 

@HTG Please let us know if you manage to get your voicemail PIN set up before you travel. If you're still having any problems, get back to us and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

View more options

Well, I had a third try – second phone call after a web chat. It has been "escalated", but not fixed. At all. Still frustrated. Still underwhelmed.

View more options

@HTGif you've also ported in, I suspect this may be a porting issue, and that's the team that needs to look at it, rather then the voicemail one.  It might be worth mentioning that, to get the issue pushed in the right direction.

View more options

Thanks for the advice. Obviously, it's still not fixed. I'm planning to chase this later on, and I'll mention porting when I do. Oh what a lovely prospect.

View more options

I have now filled in the form three times. Twice on Chrome and once on Firefox and I have received zero confirmations via email.

When I complete the form on either browser I am taken straight to the home page of vodafone.co.uk  with no thank you screen or suchlike. 

Please could someone advise as to what is going wrong! Thanks  

View more options