Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to set a vodafone pin for voicemail

isdoo
9: Established

I am now on my 16th chat with vodafone since starting my contract!

My latest problem is the vodafone voicemail simply bombs out when trying to set a pin - just says thank you for calling goodbye.

I have had my voicemail reset and re-enabled but still have the same issue.  A second tech has just disabled voicemail and now left it off as they can't find a solution. 

What can I do to avoid issues when I go abroad? 

Thanks!

49 REPLIES 49

hrym
17: Community Champion

This has happened before and I'm not sure what the answer is.   The forum site does have some issues with Firefox, but works OK with Chrome as far as I'm aware.

I've reported your issue and asked whether we've ever got to the bottom of it generally.   I'm sorry you're having so much trouble but, if all else fails, it might be worth speaking to Customer Service (191 or Live Chat) and saying you think you have an incomplete port.   I think the voicemail problem is a symptom rather than the problem itself.

isdoo

I have done around half a dozen live chats!  Also it has gone to tech support. 

Not helped by the fact that you get cut off after a period of time.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@isdoo What information have our Tech team given you? If you're waiting for an update, we'll be happy to chase this up for you. 

isdoo

None. They reset the voicemail a coupleof weeks ago and blamed the fact that it takes 24 hours or so to bed down. 

it has just been left.

Your system here doesn;t work either.  I have tried Chrome and Firefox on my mac. 

very unhappy and stressed :Sad_face:

hrym

I suspect that the problem is that this is being looked at as a voicemail issue, whereas (as I said previously), that's just a symptom and the cause is an incomplete port.   I believe that what's necessary is for this to be escalated specifically to the porting team.   Sorry, but I think you need to speak to CS again and mention this.  Otherwise, it'll go on being put over the the voicemail team, who won't be looking in the right place and won't be able to fix it.

isdoo

I have now tried the form on safari - still nothing. 

I have whitelisted vodafone.com on my server even. No email conformation or on screen conformation. Therefore I assume the form system does not work :Sad_face: 

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

I've read something about the system blocking some email addresses - possibly yahoo, but I'm not 100% sure about that - do you have an alternative email address you could try, and see if the system will let you submit your details? If it does, you'll get an acknowledgement almost immediately - post the reference number here. 

isdoo

I run my own domain! 

:Sad_face:

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Hmm - that could explain it. Though why Vodafone can't stop its contact route from blocking some addresses is pretty poor. Have you got a Gmail account for android phones, perhaps? 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@isdoo I'm really sorry to see you're still having problems contacting us. If you've tried multiple devices and web browsers, it may be best to try an alternative email address, if you do have one. We're not aware of users who have their own domain having issues but it's something to try, to rule it out.
I've sent you a new private message with details on how to get in touch. Please let us know how you get on 😊