Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to use My Vodafone app

Bob24601
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I have just recently joined Vodafone, part of the reason was also the Very rewards scheme being better that O2 priority. 

However since I have joined, I have been unable to get the My Vodafone app working, I keep getting an error 4131 saying that its not currently available on my account.

No idea why, as my tarrif included it. 

So far customer service has been no use at all and raised a call to be looked at. 

I've attached a screenshot. 

Please can anyone help? 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This could be still part of the porting to Vodafone if you brought your number to Vodafone from o2 @Bob24601 

Can you use the myvodafone option via online ?

Setting up the myvodafone app using mobile data is preffered too.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries have account access to be able to flush your account.

Sometimes setting up a new Vodafone App using a new different email address and password can help especially if a person has been using a Vodafone temporary number while awaiting for their number to port.

With android phones a person can clear the data and cache of the app.

Usually this is carried out by something similar to Settings - Apps - Myvodafone  - Storage  - Clear Data  / Cache and then re launch the app.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. 

You are correct, I have ported my number from O2 to Vodafone, it transferred over on Friday morning. 

Maybe its this, but how long do I need to wait? 

I can access the My Vodafone from the Web all fine, had it not been for the Very rewards then I would have been happy (I have unlimited everything)

My number transfered before I even got the SIM so I haven't installed the My Vodafone app before (I can't moan at Vodafone for how quickly things have all gone through getting me transferred etc as that was done, no temp number perfect really) 

I've already tried the uninstall and clear cache ect without it fixing it. 

Hopefully it is just the wait a couple of days, just can't be bothered in wasting my time and will cancel if they can't sort it. 

BandOfBrothers

It can sometimes take for the 1st bill to be produced for things to work properly.

It would be a shame to have to want to cancel due to the network app not behaving yet @Bob24601 

If this does not sort itself out which invariably it does then perhaps let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here have a try at helping.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Did you resolve this?

I'm having exactly the same issue. They have reset the account about 10 times and nothing has happened. Ported over from Three on Wednesday, mainly for the app, which I cant use...

Mine is now working, but only after I raised a formal complaint. 

I already had my first bill so wasn't that. 

At least it's sorted now. 

Yep I've also gone down that route. Wrote a 4000 character complaint to the board of directors. Directors office called and will have it resolved in 24-48 hours. 

Don't suppose they told you what it was?