Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to verify age to remove content restrictions

david19871
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Have to say my switch to Vodafone has not been easy - had problems signing up online, was then turned away at first and given the wrong information when I went to pick up my phone, and now I seem to be unable to verify my age on My Account in order to remove content restrictions.

I've tried about 4 credit cards with the online form, none of them will work.

Your webchat seems to be completely nonresponsive.  

Please can somebody help?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Due to the time of evening you may not see a reply from a Vodafone Social Media Team member @david19871

My suggestion is to call tomorrow on 191 or pop into a Vodafone Highstreet Store with ID and they should be able to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your message, unfortunately their lines seem to be very busy and when I signed up and went to a store to pick up my phone no matter what ID I tried (including a passport) was told it "wouldn't scan" and turned away, so am not hopeful about being assisted in person with this issue either! 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This isn't good to see @david19871, I'm sorry you're having a problem removing your content control restrictions. I'm disappointed to hear the instore team struggled to remove this for you. As we'll need to see photographic ID to verify your age, please revisit your local Vodafone store and we'll be happy to help lift this for you.

Hi Mark, thanks for your message but last time I went to one of your stores was told that my ID "wouldn't scan", how am I supposed to know if that won't happen again  

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@david19871 We do understand this, but as it's regarding parental control, this would need to be approved by our store colleagues to identify that it is you wanting to remove it.