Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unfair charge for calling vodafone helpline

vadim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Have called today vodafone trying to fix a problem with my account. After 3 calls and a long standng in a queue I have managed to get through raws of talking machines to a person on the phone 08444414794. After 25 minutes talking to me the person has finally resolved the problem I had.

Then I had a look at my account. Wow! Vodafone are going to charge me for a pleasure of this conversation with an astonishing 23.59.

So, the best way Vodafone found to earming money from me is by providing a bad service, so that I can burn cash while talking to their support. I think, this is outrageous!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Ask customer service if they'll credit your account to cover the cost of the call.

191 or live Chat 2puod be my avenue to use.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established

The number you dialed is NOT a Vodafone number. It's a number set up by a third party company which is set to dial the standard Vodafone free number. 

I'm suspect you did an internaet search for Vodafone Customer Services. The companies who run the chargable lines know how to manipulate & optimize the Search engine results, meaning that their website appears at the top of the result list.

Usually on these sites, the cost of the calls is buried in some very fine print at the bottom of the page, along with a disclaimer that the page is not run by or for Vodafone, and is simply a third party referral service. 

As has been stated above, Vodafone do provide a free landline number on their website, along with 191 from their mobile lines. You haven't been the first to be caught out like this, and you won't be the last unfortunately.

Ultimately, it is not Vodafone's fault that you used a chargeable number instead of their own free channels, but I would like to think that they will give you some sort of recompense as a gesture of goodwill