Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unhappy with upgrade on black friday

Vaidotas
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I made upgrade via app on Black Friday, received confirmation email with a monthly price of 35.1 pounds. After few days I collected my order from store and after couple days I received an email with details of plan where the monthly fee is 62.1 pounds. Can anyone tell how much I will needs to pay. Or it’s beter to cancel contract. Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

StuntHamstah
4: Newbie

You will pay the amount agreed on the App. The Black Friday deals are automatically discounted for you to be the price stated on either the website or the App.

The confirmation emails are automatically generated and do not include any details of discounts applied to the plan however it will show you the agreed price in the Vodafone App

I also upgraded 2 phones on black friday and got the emails saying they were over £10 more each a month. I have been on 2 chats with Vodafone, the first said that the email price was right which i disputed. the second chat said that the app price is right and it will automatically update on myvodafone but the app may differ. I have since been on myvodafone and it looks like it is going to charge me the full price rather than the discounted price. tried the online chat and phone but they are both constantly busy! how do i get an answer on this before my next bill is generated in a few days time?

As previously mentioned the email would not include the discounted price as these are automatically generated, until the bill was generated Vodafone would be unable to tell you exactly how much you would be paying for this.

Hi StuntHamstad. As you have noticed before I have to see right price in app but I’m not. This is a copy of my plan 

Line rental - £69.00
Unlimited UK minutes
500 international minutes to EU
Unlimited texts
32GB data
Vodafone Global Roaming Plus
Discount: 10% off plan
Vodafone Secure Net
Vodafone Secure Net 3 month discount
Agreement Length
24 Months 
as you can see I got 10% discount as existing customer. So I think problem is dates. Black Friday was 23-26 November, I made order on 24 of November, and pic up order on 30 of November. So I m not sure did I get Black Fridays deal.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Vaidotas @nickig2610 We'll be happy to look into both of your price plans and whether this includes any discounts for you. So we can do this, please follow the details that will be sent to you via private message shortly and a member of our team will be in touch. 

Thank you for your answer. But the problem is that the app shows current charges 93.68 pounds. 62.1 for next month and 31.58 difference between what I paid for this month and new plan.

The problem is until the bill has been generated Vodafone would not be able to say for definite what exactly the charges are for. If you bought the deal in Black Friday then you should only be paying what the deal was shown as online, the normal price would have been £62 but then a discount would have been automatically applied to bring it down to the agreed amount.