Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlimited Max plan but only getting 10mb speed

nathanp
4: Newbie

Hi All,

Just upgraded and got previously 50-60mb speeds on my 45gb tariff, since upgrading to max I have gone down to 10mb.

Rang them up tonight and the woman on the phone said that I was on the middle 10mb tariff.  She said she would talk to someone in the upgrades team.  They came back and said I was on the unlimited max plan.

Spoke to a man in technical support who was giving me the blurb that it might be my phone that isn't working properly (S10 5G).  Seems strange that the lady said I was on the middle 10mb plan and that was the speed I was getting.

If not sorted tomorrow will return phone and go back to previous tariff.  Shame.

Worth seeing if anyone else has this issue.

Nathan

28 REPLIES 28

Biz68
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sounds like your on the mid tariff capped at 10 meg. Have a look on the my Vodafone app under my plan over view which under product and services to confirm what plan your on. I'm on the mid unlimited plan as I don't have a 5g phone yet and for me it confirms I'm on a unlimited plan up to 10 meg.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @nathanp, we'll need to access your account to check the plan you're on and investigate this further. 

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again and we can help you quicker.

I had similar problems when i got the unlimited max plan. I normally get 40/50 mb speeds, then when i got the unlimited plan i could only get around 20mb speed. i cancelled my unlimited plan (within 14 day grace period) and reverted back to my original plan and now im getting 40/50 mb. 

There is definately throttling going on.  Since the launch of the unlimited plans the speed has massively dropped.  Only time I hit good speeds was when I was in the vodafone shop.  What a co-incidence.

Did this ever get resolved? Looking to get the Max plan but want to make sure it's actually unlimited speeds.

Hello

I cancelled my original upgrade then after a chat to Vodafone I got the unlimited max plan. Again the same happened slow internet speeds was lucky to get 20mbs when normally I could get 40/50mbs.

I have since cancelled my upgrade again (within the 14 days grace) and changed networks.

Hi thanks for letting me know.

Shamrock_Sean
4: Newbie

That's crazy as I'm on Unlimited Max sim only and I regularly get speeds of over 130mbps in Birmingham area 4G+ coverage. So far I've found Vodafone unlimited data fast and reliable even in busy areas. Shame what happened to you

That's good to hear. I've been testing the speed on my missues phone who has the normal 20GB a month plan (or something similar) and it's only getting 2-4MB a second.